Hey guys,

Im doing a complete overhaul of my gear, so im on the hunt for a new guitar. Im after something versatile, that would do a good job of progressive and modern metal (along the lines of Opeth to System of a Down). Im looking for a 6 string, 24 frets, either HH or HSH pickup configuration and a mahogany body. I would prefer a fixed bridge, but i guess id settle for a vintage trem type thing ie no double locking trem.

As for my current gear, (it will be current once i sell my current stuff and replace it) i think i'll end up with a jet city jca2212c or something of a similar nature. some kind of low-ish wattage tube amp with a delay, 6-band eq and a boost/od in there somewhere.

Ive got around 800 AUD to spend, and I live in Sydney, Australia. At this stage, i was looking towards a PRS SE Custom 24.

Any suggestions?
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Do you have a shape/brand/neck profile preference?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Id say a superstrat-esque shape would be my first preference, although I have enjoyed a LP for ages. no real brand preference, but a neck on the thinner side would be good
You could get an OLP/Sterling (kind of like the epiphone of Ernie Ball Music Man) John Petrucci 6 string maybe.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Id recommend an Ibanez SZ320, SZ520, or SZ720. Basically everything you just mentioned. Beauties for a lot less than you'll find a PRS SE anywhere.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yeah i think that youd be struggling to get a prs custom 24 under eight hundred down here :/ ive tryed ;D

If u like LP's ive seen/heared good things about the epiphone lp ultra 3 its got two outputs and an acoustic pickup that sounds like your playing two guitars at once

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521756
Ibanez RG470AHZ
Squire Strat
Walden G630CE

Blackstar HT-40
Marshal MG30FX

OFFICIALLY A 'BEAUTIFUL PERSON'
Quote by lock@stoner
Yeah i think that youd be struggling to get a prs custom 24 under eight hundred down here :/ ive tryed ;D

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521756

jb hifi is selling them now :/ apparently anyways. also, i work for jb so i could probs pick one up for $650-700
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Yeah they are selling them now, well they are at my local store anyways, i havnt seen a custom 24 though but yeah if u could get one for around six or seven hundred then id do it

I wish i worked at jb, id save so much money with the stire discount ;D
Ibanez RG470AHZ
Squire Strat
Walden G630CE

Blackstar HT-40
Marshal MG30FX

Quote by lock@stoner
Yeah they are selling them now, well they are at my local store anyways, i havnt seen a custom 24 though but yeah if u could get one for around six or seven hundred then id do it

I wish i worked at jb, id save so much money with the stire discount ;D

apparently only one store in victoria (knox i believe) has them. id probs have to put in an order for them, or do the dodgy and talk to the sales rep. in any case, id be looking at around 700. would it be a step up from a high-end epi though?
Quote by MrChief

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Yeah knox is like a twenty minute walk from my house ^_^ hmm im kinda bias towards prs's cos i think that they are the best guitar period but thats just me

I havnt played many high end epiphones, or epihponhes full stop, but my mate has a high end gold top that seems like a prity solid guitar so thats a point in favour to the high end epiphones

But i reckon that the prs would be a little more versatile, i mean opeth used them live on the roundhouse tapes and played everything from face of melinda to when on them

I would get the prs over an epiphone, it just sounds so much more swanky than saying youve got an epiphone ;P
Ibanez RG470AHZ
Squire Strat
Walden G630CE

Blackstar HT-40
Marshal MG30FX

prs is definitely a good choice
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED