Behold! http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/images/images_list_8_176_4269_1.jpg

LTD M-200FM! Paid 252 USD for it. (was that a good deal?)

It mentioned in the item description on Ebay that it had a D-Tuna on it. I was wondering if it was stock or did they actually upgrade the thing.

And, Agathis... I've been doing some reviews on this tonewood and I just can't find much of a good review... What do you guys think of it? Especially when paired with a flame maple top. (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !)
I have that guitar.

D-Tuna is an upgrade.

Basically with tonewoods, the type of wood has no bearing whatsoever on quality. You're going to get cheap wood on a cheap guitar, no matter what species it is.

Ex: The mahogany in an Epi Special is not the same mahogany used in a Gibson RI.

If you want to know more about Agathis specifically, it's kind of like the "poor man's Alder". My guitar is rather shrill, tone dead and generally unpleasant to listen to compared to either guitar in my sig. It served me well for a long time, but eventually you'll outgrow it like I did, and that's fine. I hope it serves you well for a long time.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Agathis is not that great but you can still get some good tones out of it. I find that the stock pickups are what kills most of the tone so I am sure agathis wouldnt be an issue with some upgraded pups.
kittens
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I have an M100FM. My ONLY complaint is that LTDs input jacks shit out after a while. But other than that it's only a $300 guitar, I can't complain much.
Quote by shecter guy
Congrats on the new guitar. Still running through that MG?

Unfortunately, yes :[
AND thanks! It's gonna be amazing! I know it!
HNGD! I got an MH-300 for 200 euro, and then put in an EMG 60/81 set which I got for another 80 euro. Very nice guitar, was missing some screws, but that was easy to fix.
Agathis is an okay-sounding wood. It's a little on the heavy side and it's not very pretty, which is the main reason it's cheap. It sounds a little like basswood; not quite as balanced as alder or ash but not as deep as mahogany. HNGD.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I had an agathis guitar. I would never pick it as a tonewood. I don't think it sounds anything like mahogany, alder, or basswood, as I love all 3 of those tonewoods and it couldn't compete.

I am not a fan of nato either, but I'd pick it over agathis. I wanna say I read somewhere that agathis is in the pine family, but don' quote me on that.

Edit: sorry, i'm not trying to criticize your purchase. If you like it, then screw everyone else. Enjoy your NGD!
Last edited by W4RP1G at Feb 27, 2012,
Quote by MrFlibble
Agathis is an okay-sounding wood. It's a little on the heavy side and it's not very pretty

I personally think my guitar is absolutely beautiful... BUT I think that the flame maple top makes it for me ^^
Do you know if it's a REAL flame maple top or just veneer... or paint?

As for everyone else, I'm gonna spend my whooooooooole day shredding haha.
I'll tell you all how it goes when I actually get it in the mail!
At that price range, it's more than likely a veneer, but I could be wrong. And agreed. LOVE flame maple tops.
Quote by shecter guy
At that price range, it's more than likely a veneer, but I could be wrong. And agreed. LOVE flame maple tops.

Boo :[ I want a REAL flame maple top! BUT, I'm happy with what I've got, and I won't try to complain about it to the point where I get rid of it haha.

I like Quilted Maple just a LITTLE bit better... But, this thing is gonna rip. I've read some reviews, watched some people play it and it's just great!
HNGD. very nice looking guitar.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Yes, it's a veneer. Real maple tops are expensive - they usually don't start showing up on guitars til the $1300+ mark or so.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X