Hey people, have you tried out the peavey x-port yet? How good is it? Im drawn to it by the fact that it comes with revalver HPse and reaper. Help me out. Thanks.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
's alright.

Decently cheap, good quality (I have one), but you could do better.

Reaper is free anyway (at least, a trial, which is what you get with the XPort) and the version of ReValver kinda sucks.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Can you share any clips? And how do you record?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Bump!!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by amithkallupalam
Can you share any clips? And how do you record?

Can't; guitar is busted. Might get it fixed soon though, I'll PM the clips to you.

It's a pretty good quality of recording. I just got it so I could mess around with VSTs and the like.

As in real life, the VST will be much more important that the actual interface.

For recording, I go straight into Reaper.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
What's wrong with the version of revalver bundled with x-port?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Yeah that sounds like Shit. Anyway, please try to upload a few clips if you can. What all do I have to do to start recording? If I open up amplitube 3 inside reaper and turn on the monitor option on reaper, will I be able to hear myself properly in high quality through my computer speakers? I was planning on hooking up the home theatre to the computer..
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by amithkallupalam
Yeah that sounds like Shit. Anyway, please try to upload a few clips if you can. What all do I have to do to start recording? If I open up amplitube 3 inside reaper and turn on the monitor option on reaper, will I be able to hear myself properly in high quality through my computer speakers? I was planning on hooking up the home theatre to the computer..

Neat idea, but no.

For some reason, the XPort functions as an audio out as well, so you can only monitor yourself through the headphone out.

Actually

It has a Line out function, so I bet you could do that.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTseroff
Neat idea, but no.

Why Not?
Quote by NosralTseroff
For some reason, the XPort functions as an audio out as well, so you can only monitor yourself through the headphone out.

Actually

It has a Line out function, so I bet you could do that.

But, will I only hear the dry track or will I hear the edited, amped sound through reaper/Amp sim?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Bump Bump Bump!!!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by amithkallupalam
Why Not?

Because that's how the thing is made, idk why.

But, will I only hear the dry track or will I hear the edited, amped sound through reaper/Amp sim?

You will hear the amp sim.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Alright! PM after you upload the clip, okay?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny