hey guys i'm learning ride the lightning by metallica and i am not sure about the picking pattern on the last part of the solo ( at about 3:55 ). the tab is like this:

e---12-(p)8-----8---12-(p)8------8
b-------------10----------------10 etc.

i am a natural economy picker so i used to play all the "10" notes on the B string with an upstroke, but i kept on missing the string or getting stuck on it so i wondered if i should play the notes on the B string with a downstroke instead.what do you guys think?
thanks guys. @pettah : i'm actually playing the 10s on the B string with a downstroke, the 8 with a downstroke, the 12 with a upstroke then pull of and repeat..is that wrong ? should i just play it the way i think is better withouth worrying?. there's so many licks which i'm not sure how to play.. for example this lick ( which is widely used):
e--------12--------12
b--15b------15b---- etc.
most guitar players play this in alternate picking ( outside picking), playing the 15 with a downstroke and the 12 with a upstroke. i tried playing it like that but i find it easier to play the 15 with a upstroke and the 12 with a downstroke..
If you can make it work then it almost doesn't matter for those kinds of licks, really the things that it makes the biggest difference to are licks with longer strings of picking across strings. I mean short of trying to play solo material with all downs or all ups or anything else that's about as stupid you'll be fine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by frustaro
hey guys i'm learning ride the lightning by metallica and i am not sure about the picking pattern on the last part of the solo ( at about 3:55 ). the tab is like this:

e---12-(p)8-----8---12-(p)8------8
b-------------10----------------10 etc.

i am a natural economy picker so i used to play all the "10" notes on the B string with an upstroke, but i kept on missing the string or getting stuck on it so i wondered if i should play the notes on the B string with a downstroke instead.what do you guys think?

Downpick the E, Downpick the A, Upstroke the C. Repeat.

Because there is a pull off after the E, you have more time to use another downstroke. You can get a wider range of dynamics out of a downstroke and they are easier to control.