i have posted a few threads for information on distortion/OD pedals and a few people have recomended joyo pedals to me because they are cheaper than big brands but just as good if not better, i was wondering if anybody out there who has had any experience with joyo pedals can give me an insight on how good they actually are???
I've got the Joyo Crunch Distortion, it's pretty good. Not had it all that long, but I got it second hand and I've had not reliability issues whatsoever, and the sound ain't too bad at all
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
people are comparing them to fulltone ocd or tubescreemers, is this true??
they're clones

the ocd is a bit more complicated because there have been at least 4 versions, so it might not be a clone of any exact version, perhaps a mixture of the versions

if mean if the circuit's the same they're going to sound pretty similar

if you really want the scoop check out freestompboxes.org, they reverse engineer these things
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They are good enough that there are "boutique" pedal builders out there that give them a coat of paint and pass them off as their own.

I have no personal experience with them yet but I am currently waiting for one of their flangers to arrive. I was originally going to build my own but I couldn't buy the parts for the price of a fully built Joyo.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 24, 2012,
I've got the Joyo vintage overdrive which i think is a ts808 clone. It works very well, a bit noisy maybe and is quite solid build wise.
Decent for £30
I've got the Joyo fuzz and I'm loving it. I'll probably end up getting more of their pedals but I just wish they were in a smaller enclosure.
^ yeah. and to add insult to injury the ones in the bigger enclosures have the dc input at the side.

but the ones in the smaller enclosures are great
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. and to add insult to injury the ones in the bigger enclosures have the dc input at the side.

but the ones in the smaller enclosures are great

Yep that jack drives me insane. It's the same with my Sansamp GT2 but with the GT2 it's infront of the jack so it actually works out better surprisingly.
yeah

i mean why can't they just put the jack at the top?

actually the dc jack + input and output at the top are probably best for the absolute maximum space-saving. but at least if the jack's at the top it's better than nothing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah

i mean why can't they just put the jack at the top?

actually the dc jack + input and output at the top are probably best for the absolute maximum space-saving. but at least if the jack's at the top it's better than nothing.

Depending on the design and the space inside I guess it's just a hassle to put the jack in the top. They are kinda bulky and take up room that's usually used for pots and such. Still though I hear ya.
oh yeah, sure. but from a player's point of view, it's a lot handier at the top
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
LOL yeah for sure, It probably wouldn't be so bad if I was running my power under the board but I have it set up really low to the floor so there is no room to run the wires.
yeah same here. it's a complete mess
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
On the side you say? Guess I'll just have to make the power lead a tad longer on my pedalboard.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification