For years, I've used a pick holder attached to the back of my headstock. I've never noticed any problems with it, but, like stock Boss pedals, it obviously sucks (according to the internet). I'm thinking an Altoids tin would really add that something special to my tone. I mean, I probably wouldn't notice a difference, but I need to impress my internet buddies. So which flavor should I pick? I'm thinking peppermint would be classic (like the Tubescreamer or Rat); however, cinnamon may be more exotic and give me more chirp. On the other hand, spearmint may add more haunting mids and high end sparkle.

Help me out guys! I'm desperate and confused.
look you can't just pretend this is tgp.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
What you really need is a new amp.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Feb 24, 2012,

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Dan, you're the Official GG&A Stenographer.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by colin617
I haven't died yet.

Still playing with TS?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Still playing with TS?

Just a normal student. I started my PhD program at Columbia. It's in music, but I'm hoping to get into their historical musicology or ethno-musicology programs.

I really don't play out much anymore.
Quote by colin617
Just a normal student. I started my PhD program at Columbia. It's in music, but I'm hoping to get into their historical musicology or ethno-musicology programs.

I really don't play out much anymore.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I find that the red ones give the hottest tones.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
ahahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by greeny23
ask Taylor

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by greeny23

?

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Glad you guys are getting the big picture here.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Did someone say picture? Let me make you one!

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by gregs1020

what do you mean?

ALWAYS IN FIVES!!!!!!!!

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I hear hanging(on your head-stock) the bra's that are thrown on-stage help add tone. The more you have the better you sound.
Quote by R45VT
I hear hanging(on your head-stock) the bra's that are thrown on-stage help add tone. The more you have the better you sound.

I hear the bigger the bra, the thicker, jucier, and bouncier your tone gets...
I heard Linda Ronstadt's guitarist uses peppermint tins.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
For years, I've used a pick holder attached to the back of my headstock. I've never noticed any problems with it, but, like stock Boss pedals, it obviously sucks (according to the internet). I'm thinking an Altoids tin would really add that something special to my tone. I mean, I probably wouldn't notice a difference, but I need to impress my internet buddies. So which flavor should I pick? I'm thinking peppermint would be classic (like the Tubescreamer or Rat); however, cinnamon may be more exotic and give me more chirp. On the other hand, spearmint may add more haunting mids and high end sparkle.

Help me out guys! I'm desperate and confused.

Thanks for the fun, guys! I learned a lot about gear over the years from this forum. However, I feel I've outgrown this place. I am one of the oldest active members and I have noticed a growing disinterest within myself as regards to anything on this forum. It is becoming painfully obvious that I am not 16 anymore. Things that I enjoyed endlessly in high school are not so appealing after 4 years of college and beginning a career. I'm going to delete my account so nothing I've written on here can come back to bite me in the ass.

Thanks for the fun, guys! I learned a lot about gear over the years from this forum. However, I feel I've outgrown this place. I am one of the oldest active members and I have noticed a growing disinterest within myself as regards to anything on this forum. It is becoming painfully obvious that I am not 16 anymore. Things that I enjoyed endlessly in high school are not so appealing after 4 years of college and beginning a career. I'm going to delete my account so nothing I've written on here can come back to bite me in the ass.

However, I feel I've outgrown this place.

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
After 6 months did this really need bumped
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo