ive been having a heck of a time trying to find a full sized guitar that only has one pick up. the one pickup is usually a humbucker set at the bridge. but just about all the ones i find are 3/4 sized guitars.
anybody have any suggestions where i might find a full sized electric with just the one pickup. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
esp/ltd alexi laiho signature models
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Christian Olde Wolbers has a 6 and 7 string jackson dinky with an EMG 81 in the bridge
Kramer 84, Theres a coupla bc richs with one bridge pup
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
you good just take out the pups from a strat and replace the pickguard so it covered the holes
there was a ltd edition ibanez a while ago with 1 prototype active seymour duncan. cant remember the model but it was hella nice
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Gibson Melody maker would be my guess, but why do some people prefer to have only one pick up in a guitar, instead of 2 or more? Does it actually have any advantages? I am not saying this in a mocking "why the **** would you do this, this is retarded" kind of way, I really want to know. Cheers.
Les Paul Junior, Jackson RR24, Jackson Scott Ian Soloist, ESP M-I, G&L Rampage, Fender 50s Esquire, Squier Deryck Whibley & Avril Lavigne sig guitars, Kramer 84 Baretta, Charvel San Dimas Wild Card, Gibson Melody Maker series, Gibson SG Junior, Edwards E-AL128, ...
Old gibson es or ts,Ican't remember es-125,ts-125 single cutaway f-hole,played like a 335 dot,thinline neck.All I remember seeing was dark sunburst.Cheap at the time but cool.Had a p90
Last edited by panhead201 at Feb 24, 2012,
Quote by risk182
Gibson Melody maker would be my guess, but why do some people prefer to have only one pick up in a guitar, instead of 2 or more? Does it actually have any advantages? I am not saying this in a mocking "why the **** would you do this, this is retarded" kind of way, I really want to know. Cheers.

i personally like the one pickup because i really dont deviate too often from using the bridge pickup. i do use the middle and neck once in a while, but its not too often. right now i have a strat style washburn and the p/up switch shorts out every time i accientally tap on it while playing, so to me thats another advantage on a guitar with one p/up, theres no selector switch. really i think the whole one p/up thing is just a matter of preference, really.
and, yea, ive looked into the melody makers because my dream guitar is an explorer style body and i do like how they look. but i still dont want to make a move before exploring all my options(no pun intended). but yea, as of right now theyre right at the top of my wish list.
Quote by risk182

I know Phil X removes the neck pickup from some of his guitars. He says this is because even when the neck pickup is not in use, it is very slightly pulling on the strings, so taking it out improves the tone from the remaining pickup. Never tried it personally but I'm guessing it's not an enormous difference.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by ACIbanez120
right now i have a strat style washburn and the p/up switch shorts out every time i accientally tap on it while playing, so to me thats another advantage on a guitar with one p/up, theres no selector switch. really i think the whole one p/up thing is just a matter of preference, really.

Sounds to me like what you actually need is a guitar that isn't slightly broken...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
G&L Rampage

GREAT guitar, VERY reasonably priced. Try setting it up with an above average string gauge (or at least hybrids, the Kahler trem is very well suited for beefy strings) and you'll notice how the sustain is second to no other floating trem-equipped guitar

Oh, and you might wanna cover it with stickers like Jerrry Cantrell has 'cos it's not exceptionally pretty, imho

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Feb 24, 2012,
Melody maker, ibanez Omar Rodriguez signature guitar. That's looks like one hell of an awesome guitar.
have a look at the italia maranello
my gear:

italia maranello speedster 1

vox ac4

yamaha delay

electro harmonix little big muff

freshman apollo electro acoustic

dunlop cry baby wah

epiphone acoustic
Godin Redline 1
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Jackson RR24
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Gibson Melody Makers, Squier Deryck Whibley Signature, Squier Avril Lavigne Signature, Squier Tom DeLonge Signature, Fender Tom DeLonge Signature, LTDs have some.
My Yamaha has one pickup (as will a few other Yamahas... e.g. RGX 110)
Hello Kitty Squier
A few other Squiers
A few Charvel and Kramer models?
PRS posted earlier
A few obscurely branded guitars (namely Japanese guitars)
etc...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Godin has a Redline with a single EMG if they still make it. i almost bought one a year or two ago.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/