Hi guys I went to my local shop today to try out a few amps (peavey 6505+ and single rectifier as they didn't have a dual rec in) and must say I was blown away by the single rectifier. The other guitarist in my band uses a Dual Rectifier and its a beast also. The guy in the shop said they have a second hand Triple Rectifier (an old series one I believe he said) for £1100, I've seen newer dual rectifiers on ebay for similar price so what I'm wondering is what would be the better to go for? I would think with the shop one being a triple that would be better but if its an older one perhaps the newer ones are more improved. Whatever I get I don't want to have to need to upgrade in future, I play in a death/thrash metal band if that helps.

Thanks
Either get an old two channel Dual/Triple, or get one of the new 2010 multi-watt models. The original 3 channels are flubby messes with very little note definition.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
if the triple rec is a 2 channel then it's really nice. I havent tried a new dual rec, but apparently they've gotten a lot better since the revision in 2011 or whenever. They only thing I'd worry about with either amps is having two recs in the same band.
I'm not sure but have the feeling it may be a three channel, as for having two in one band I don't believe thats all that out of the ordinary. We used a dual rectifier to record all the guitars in our last EP and it sounded fine.
It'll sound fine for sure, I just personally would rather go with something a little different sounding since if you're happy with the tones your other guitarist is getting with his rec, there'd be no need to duplicate those tones. For variances sake. That's just me though
Oh yeah I know what you mean, I love the amp but no means do I want to copy the tone. We EQ differently, he's more treble and I go more bass and on top of that we harmonise most the time to get that variation
I don't know if this makes much difference but the ones I've been looking at online are not the brand new ones. One is 7 years old for £1190 or something like that
Quote by Randomnez
I don't know if this makes much difference but the ones I've been looking at online are not the brand new ones. One is 7 years old for £1190 or something like that

It's fairly easy to spot the difference:

2 Channel. Notice how it has two rows of knobs, all evenly spaced.

3 Channel. Notice how it has 3 groups of knobs (among some other obvious differences).

You want the first one, or one of the newer ones, which will look like this:

Notice, this is still a 3 channel, but instead of having 1 mini toggle, and an LED above it between each group of channels, it has 2 mini toggles, with the LED between them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Unfortunately its's being sent down from another shop so that's why I don't know too much other than what the guy said. I'l have to compare it when I see the thing in person, just wanted to get an idea before I saw it so I could make a better judgement. Think what I'l do is get my mate to bring his down so we can compare them in shop. Cheers for the picture comparisons Matrixclaw, i'l make sure to remember the differences