http://www.ernieball.com/ Has anyone used them? I was just thinking about ordering one set just to see what there like but I don't like the normal Ernie ball strings so I don't know if I will like these
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
I don't know if I could bring myself to pay $10 for a set of EB's. I've put Slinky's on my guitars maybe 5 times and broke the high E probably 3 of those times. To put that in perspective, in the 17 years I've been using my usual brand, I've never broken a single string.

They do sound interesting, but even if all their claims are true, it won't do a lot of good for a broken string. I watched their video but there was no comparison made as far as strength goes.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Just put some Cobalt Power Slinkys on my Tele. Have to say the feel is definately different. They feel a lot more elastic and a little more clear. They're pretty alive but they didn't actually give a really bright sound as I thought they would. They have a really pronounced mid range and tight bass, but the treble is about the same as any other EB strings. Pretty dark sounding strings that I would highly recommend for guitars like SG's, ESP/LTD's, Tele's if you want it to be heavier, humbucker guitars etc.

Note: I advise to use these strings for passive pickups and regular slinky's for active pickpus.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Feb 26, 2012,
Quote by Myaccount876
Just put some Cobalt Power Slinkys on my Tele. Have to say the feel is definately different. They feel a lot more elastic and a little more clear. They're pretty alive but they didn't actually give a really bright sound as I thought they would. They have a really pronounced mid range and tight bass, but the treble is about the same as any other EB strings. Pretty dark sounding strings that I would highly recommend for guitars like SG's, ESP/LTD's, Tele's if you want it to be heavier, humbucker guitars etc.

Note: I advise to use these strings for passive pickups and regular slinky's for active pickpus.

thanks for the advice I ended up ordering one set.
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
If they last as long as EB claim they do, it might be worth spending the extra money.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I haven't tried them yet but I love coated strings so next time I head to guitar center I'm gonna try them. I'd imagine that they would be slicker and last much much longer.

Quote by Myaccount876

Why do you say so?
Quote by Garlic Owl
I haven't tried them yet but I love coated strings so next time I head to guitar center I'm gonna try them. I'd imagine that they would be slicker and last much much longer.

Why do you say so?

Because I find these strings to have a lot of mid range and a little bit more highs, which active pups such as EMG's don't really need. The regular slinkys IMO are more balanced between bass and treble which is good for EMG's, while Cobalts have the right bass for passives and plenty of mids. Cobalts also sound better IMO on Alnico magnets as opposed to ceramic magnets.
After initial 24 hours:

That's just a couple spots on the high E string. There are spots on a lot of the unwound strings, and it wasn't dirt. To be honest, this is the fastest I have ever seen an electric string start to darken like that. Hell, not even the Martin SPs on my acoustic started rotting that fast.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by Kikuta
^How high is your ****ing action? Christ!

slide guitar maybe?????
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
looks like he lifted it to show it better.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)