I have a Kramer strat copy, how can I install jazzmaster pups and get a close jazzmaster tone. I don't really care about changing the bridge unless thats really important.
Well you can find a Strat pickguard with Jazzmaster routs on the internet (Pickguardian might offer it, I know for a fact that Warmoth does) and then make the routs on the body bigger with a router. Really you just need to make space for the pickups and have a pickguard that accommodates them.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
i'm guessing i'd have to cut out a swimming pool route, right? Are the GFS jazzmaster pickups good? Could I even just use the JM pickguard if i drilled new holes?
I don't think the JM shape lines up with the Strat body at all, but hey, if you want to buy a pickguard and see if it works out, go ahead. I'd do that before I do any routing, just to see what exactly you need to cut out.

As far as the GFS Jazz pickups, I have some GFS pups in a couple Squiers I have and they don't sound half bad, but I don't know personally what their Jazzmaster pickups sound like. For the price, they're probably worth it, GFS is good for that.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.