OMFG Steve Vai just wrote me a personal message to one of my videos!

Page 1 of 3
OMFG!!! Steve Vai, Yes the actual Steve Vai (The most prolific guitarist in history since hendrix, in my opinion) who has been a huge influence on my playing and outlook on life in general has actually watched and written me a personal message to my rendition of his song Tender Surrender, i wont post a link here as the mods dont like that sort of thing but im sure you can find it if you look hard enough!.

I had to share a huge moment in my life here, the power of the web is truly amazing, you never know who might watch one of your videos that you upload so to everyone out there working on their music i hope this might give you more inspiration to put your stuff out there! I do feel very lucky this evening! (pic attached of his comment!) thanks to everyone that shared the video, somehow it made it to the biggest guitarist in the worlds laptop!

Vid here:Tender surrender

Rex
Last edited by rex pearson at Feb 24, 2012,
I'm gonna make a bunch of accounts called SlashHimself and stuff and comment on peoples videos now.
That's cool bro.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Shouldn't have asked that question at the end, but still that's pretty sweet, man.
Check out my band Disturbed
Unless it's fake, congratulations! Very cool to have a famous guitarist reply to your video.
That's fantastic. Steve Vai sure is a great player and musician. Can imagine you would be very happy with that.

And screw what any mod thinks, post it. or at least give me a link >_>
rockfan, i was initially sceptical it was him untill i checked the channel out myself to see the official page. The guys is so humble that he still makes time to comment on peoples videos. Legend!
Quote by rockfan7
I'm gonna make a bunch of accounts called SlashHimself and stuff and comment on peoples videos now.

this^
If you're traveling in the North Country Fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to the one who lives there
For she once was a true love of mine
Quote by metaldud536
Exactly.

Hey metaldud, Slash here, I would just like to say I really appreciate your snarkyness.
Quote by rockfan7
Hey metaldud, Slash here, I would just like to say I really appreciate your snarkyness.

rockfan, i was initially sceptical it was him untill i checked the channel out myself to see the official page. The guys is so humble that he still makes time to comment on peoples videos. Legend!
Of course Steve Vai would be looking for videos of people playing his music on Youtube. Narcissist.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by rex pearson

He presumably watches videos of himself playing his songs and you still say he's humble.

lul.
Quote by rex pearson
haha just type in Rex Pearson Tender surrender on youtube and that the video he watched
Found your video. There's your reply to the Steve Vai comment, but not his actual comment.
It's him... or if it's not it's someone closely connected to him.

I'd post his channel but the link seems to be down.
The fact steve vai took the time to comment on your video raises my respect for him to a different level. Legendary AND humble.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by sashki

Seriously, though, that's pretty cool. But be aware that he already has two backup guitarists.

lol was only meant in jest!

And nice photo editing skills. how the fook did you do it that quickly!
Quote by Poglia
Found your video. There's your reply to the Steve Vai comment, but not his actual comment.

Hey dude if you sort comments by thread (beta) you will see it. Youtube for some reason fooked the comment order up on the video- no idea why
Quote by rex pearson
Hey dude if you sort comments by thread (beta) you will see it. Youtube for some reason fooked the comment order up on the video- no idea why
Found it, so it's not fake. Congrats! I don't really like shredders/solo guitarists but he is very famous and got a great technique. Very cool to have a reply by him. Nice playing too. Keep up the good work!
Quote by Portuguese_boy
That was a solid cover brah, pretty impressive.

Thanks so much dude, i tried my best but could never have expected him to take the time to write a comment.
Quote by Poglia
Found it, so it's not fake. Congrats! I don't really like shredders/solo guitarists but he is very famous and got a great technique. Very cool to have a reply by him. Nice playing too. Keep up the good work!

Cool man, and thanks for checking it out. I never thought people like him would get time to write personal comments to people.
I just watched the actual video and that was pretty impressive. You did and outstanding job on the cover.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
I just watched the actual video and that was pretty impressive. You did and outstanding job on the cover.

Oh cheers man, i posted this not actually expecting anyone to check the video out but thats awesome you did! really appreciate the feedback! I loved that tune from the moment i saw a guitar, in fact it was that song i heard when i started playing!
Probably Steve liked that you used his signature hand moves in the hammer-on and pull-off parts of the song.
You just missed out saying "pardon" (in french, of course!).
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
Quote by WantsLesPaul

lol hwat bro

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Not gonna lie... That's really cool
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.

Just checked out SV's account.

'Last Activity: 1 Week ago'
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123

Just like my last activity is from a week ago, yet I'm everyday on my youtube account.

Your point is invalid.
Quote by Crazyedd123

Probably the last time he uploaded. It's the same thing with my channel.
Page 1 of 3