Page 1 of 2
Odd question, and the circumstances around this are too complex to explain.

If a person admits to lying to their doctor to get a prescription, can they go to jail for it?
I would have thought it would be more the doctors fault. But then again I don't know anything on the subject so it's just a guess.
Why are people abusing prescription medicines now? Do they think its safer? Id reckon its just as dangerous as legit drugs, and way less... Awesome. Dont abuse anything.
It wasn't to abuse, it was just to see if we could successfully fake anxiety; now the person's prescribed anti-depressants, and is being threatened to be sent to a mental institution if he doesn't take them. I'm going to admit to his doctor that we were ****ing with her, but first, I want to make sure he won't get in legal trouble for doing so. Anti-depressants are ****ing terrible, and I don't want this to **** up his life.

The title just seemed like it'd attract people who'd be able to help.
Quote by herby190
It wasn't to abuse, it was just to see if we could successfully fake anxiety; now the person's prescribed anti-depressants, and is being threatened to be sent to a mental institution if he doesn't take them. I'm going to admit to his doctor that we were ****ing with her, but first, I want to make sure he won't get in legal trouble for doing so. Anti-depressants are ****ing terrible, and I don't want this to **** up his life.

Well then yeah you are just wasting time and should get punished.
Quote by herby190

No, "your friend" won't go to jail. Maybe the doctor will decide to not treat him anymore.

Or, he will decide only a crazy would do such a thing and keep you on the crazy pills.

Anyways, this is troll thread because a doctor won't force someone to go to an institution who doesn't have a serious mental disorder.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by herby190

I got meds for anxiety from a general physician and he didn't threaten to send me to a mental institution.

My doctor, after trying 2 different pills almost gave up until I told him about one I had tried a few years ago. Your doctor just sucks I guess.
Quote by Greenie_777
Well then yeah you are just wasting time and should get punished.

He was being forced to see a doctor by his parents; while he was there, I figured I might as well do an experiment. I don't want my friend to be in trouble because I wanted to **** with his doctor.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
No, "your friend" won't go to jail. Maybe the doctor will decide to not treat him anymore.

Or, he will decide only a crazy would do such a thing and keep you on the crazy pills.

Anyways, this is troll thread because a doctor won't force someone to go to an institution who doesn't have a serious mental disorder.

I believe the threats to send him to an institution are from his parents; it's a threat to make him take the anti-depressants.
Last edited by herby190 at Feb 24, 2012,
Doctors need to stop giving people so many damn drugs, i just had a tooth extraction today and just like the previous extraction they gave me enough narcotics and strong pain meds to sell the damn things if i wanted. The pain from the extraction only lasts a few days, but now i have more Vicodin than i accually have a use for...that and 800MG of some other stuff, Percocet, and Xanax...all given for things i needed but given in LARGE quantities...i dont abuse drugs so these bottles sit in a medicine shelf lol.

Why the @#$% do doctors give out medicine so much in large quantities?
Is she hot? If she is, **** her a few more times then tell her.
Quote by caeser1156
Your dick could still have a chick even if that chick had a dick
Quote by herby190
If a person admits to lying to their doctor to get a prescription, can they go to jail for it?

It depends on a number of factors. For example, are you waving the bottle of pills in the air as you tell this to a cop?
What the hell is the matter with people these days. First I read a thread about some idiot who wears suits to school (knowing full well that he is a tool for doing so) and now this?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Why are people abusing prescription medicines now? Do they think its safer? Id reckon its just as dangerous as legit drugs, and way less... Awesome. Dont abuse anything.

This is prolly the most confusing use of the word legit ever.

I doubt the doc will simply turn you in. Legally you should be fine. Legally.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Nah, my psychiatrist trusts me so much. All I gotta do is call him and be like "Yo yo foo' call me in an order of K pins, I need em today. Oh and some adderal while we at it, dawg." and BAM just like ordering take out, I go pick it up and no questions are asked.

Just like that, sept maybe a little less "gangster" speak. Its kind of awesome.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I've found that the pills whose labels advise against taking them with alcohol tend to go well with alcohol.

Who knew?

Stay in school, kids.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
I've found that the pills whose labels advise against taking them with alcohol tend to go well with alcohol.

Who knew?

Stay in school, kids.

Same, but I'm worried I might go to jail for disobeying the rules.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

People have been abusing them since such a thing existed.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I've seen firsthand what can happen when parents force their kids into mental institutions when it's not necessary. Shit's messed up.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by CrunchyRoll

Remember back in middle school when everyone took panadol in school? 'cause it was cool.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by herby190

Why would this happen? I have been prescribed anti-depressants before and i was never told that i need to do to a mental institution i was just given the perscription given my symptoms.

Why would you want to fake anxiety anyway? For what purpose? It's far from a constructive thing to do.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by snipelfritz
This is prolly the most confusing use of the word legit ever.

I doubt the doc will simply turn you in. Legally you should be fine. Legally.

youre implying that i dont think prescriptions get you high. you know what i meant by legit, street drugs. dont need to be a smart ass
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

It is actually safer and cheaper. Also prescription medications can be a lot stronger than street drugs.

But yeah, you can get in loads of trouble, depending on the prescription. I'm pretty sure they can stick you with a distribution charge, because bottles are usually pretty big.
Dickless.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

They can be more powerful, but they're a lot safer. A lot of street drugs are mixed in with lots of other shit to bulk it up and the bulk can be very harmful.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i dont think they are safer. because from what i know, people mix a bunch and drink alcohol. that leads to death. not saying street drugs are safe, but idk its just my opinion on drugs. i think people think because its prescription its safer than street drugs so il be ok, and they end up dead in their bathtub.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i dont think they are safer. because from what i know, people mix a bunch and drink alcohol. that leads to death. not saying street drugs are safe, but idk its just my opinion on drugs. i think people think because its prescription its safer than street drugs so il be ok, and they end up dead in their bathtub.

Its more likely that you'll survive a dosage on prescription medicine (if you follow the label) than on street drugs, put it that way.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
idk. i just think other people think prescriptions wont hurt you. but theyre still dangerous and addicting. so they go and mix a bunch of prescriptions and drink some alcohol and end up dead.
im not comparing any particular drugs, street or prescription. just saying, i think the mind set of some people are well street drugs like heroin are dangerous, so il be ok and safe with abusing my prescriptions.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
idk. i just think other people think prescriptions wont hurt you. but theyre still dangerous and addicting. so they go and mix a bunch of prescriptions and drink some alcohol and end up dead.

It depends on the drug.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Julz127
Remember back in middle school when everyone took panadol in school? 'cause it was cool.

Kids did that at your school? Lol.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

It's not a matter of opinion. You have no way of knowing what street drugs are cut with, or what the purity is. If you get a stamp of heroin you can't go on erowid and look up maximum dosage because you have absolutely no idea how much heroin is actually in that stamp. Prescription pills have exact dosages written on the bottle and the tolerance range is tested and documented. Yes, a few people will under-estimate the potency of a drug and mix it with other chemicals and overdose, but I personally have never met anyone who didn't know what they were getting themselves into when they railed an opana. And I'm not saying that prescription drugs are okay to do, but to say that they're not safer than biker-lab powders is insane.
Dickless.
The doctor over medicated my anxiety, i woke up thinking I had a dislocated jaw, because the side effect was muscle cramp.

Don't **** with doctors, they can get you on crazy shit.
Right now I'm only taking xanex, but it has a few side effects, like fatigue and I'm a lil paranoid. I get crazy bad panic attacks sometimes is why I'm on it, but I think I liked it better when I self medicated with alcohol.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 25, 2012,
Quote by Julz127

Where did you go to school? Sounds like a breeding ground for meth addicts.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
I'd guess the doctor would get in more trouble, though i still think you will get community service or a fine.
Also never abuse Oxycontin, It's not good.
yeah.. its fraud.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by stratkat
The doctor over medicated my anxiety, i woke up thinking I had a dislocated jaw, because the side effect was muscle cramp.

Don't **** with doctors, they can get you on crazy shit.
Right now I'm only taking xanex, but it has a few side effects, like fatigue and I'm a lil paranoid. I get crazy bad panic attacks sometimes is why I'm on it, but I think I liked it better when I self medicated with alcohol.

xanex is pretty stong. i had anxiety issues and low dose amitriptyline worked wonders for me. the only side effect i got was dry mouth
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Page 1 of 2