Hey, Ive just finally got some songs together that I think are ready for public light, and Im looking to get some feedback!!

LISTEN:
http://soundcloud.com/the-new-pacific/sets/ted-mosby-landmark-lagoon/

DOWNLOAD:
http://thenewpacific.bandcamp.com/

Thanks!
Cheers for the crit man, here's what I thought.

Wasn't a big fan of the beats in the first song, it's not that I don't like programmed beats I think a real would really give lend this track something special. Everything as well as the synths remind me a bit of stereolab but instrumental of course... infact the whole ep did a bit.

Landmark Lagoon gets really good when towards the end when the drums and guitar come in, but then it immediately pulls away and ends Otherwise I thought the whole thing wrapped up okay. Nice repetition also.

I think Bon Iver is an absolute legend, so I appreciated the Holocene cover. thought that was really nice, and would suit something like a movie soundtrack. Really heart moving and full of warmth... I like it.
I liked the first song. As mentioned before, the beat seems a bit underwhelming but the melody was cool.. I really liked the the second song (Landmark Lagoon). The piano was really nice especially with the synthy bit in between. The best is the bashing cymbals in the end!

Good job man!
listened to the first song
not bad
Wasn't a big fan of the beat tbh.
Not that it needs more, but those two faster beats(clapping) aren't so fitting imo.
Overall i kinda got a jean michel jarre vibe! a classic simple repeating melody.
wow that was so nice man! i had it turned up quite loud and was impressed, but when i turned it down a bit thats when this songs full potential showed up, such a nice song to chill to
Landmark Lagoon Theater was pretty cool; it reminds me a bit of Sigur Ros. It's really chill, and just relaxing to listen to. It's actually kind of similar to what I've been trying to do with my recent electronic stuff.

Oh, and that sound effect at the end after the cymbals is really cool; was that done by messing with a guitar pedal?
Quote by herby190
Landmark Lagoon Theater was pretty cool; it reminds me a bit of Sigur Ros. It's really chill, and just relaxing to listen to. It's actually kind of similar to what I've been trying to do with my recent electronic stuff.

Oh, and that sound effect at the end after the cymbals is really cool; was that done by messing with a guitar pedal?

Thanks for the listen and comment!
YA, It was done with a pedal. I just used my Boss DD-7 and messed around with it, slowly sped up the delay, and you get that swirling sound. Ive heard it in some other songs, and I wanted to try to use it. I love the effect it adds!
Quote by hagstrom_9
Thanks for the listen and comment!
YA, It was done with a pedal. I just used my Boss DD-7 and messed around with it, slowly sped up the delay, and you get that swirling sound. Ive heard it in some other songs, and I wanted to try to use it. I love the effect it adds!
I've done the same thing with my cheap little Danelectro delay; there was a point where, while using the pedal to mess with a chord I was holding out on bass, I got too close to my amp and it started to feedback, creating some of the best sounds I've ever heard.
"Ted Mosby":
Great feel. I, personally, would have loved some minor key-work throughout the last half of the track. I feel it would add even more in the best way possible. Nice melodies and a simple beat.

"Landmark Lagoon Theater":
I really, really like this. Beautiful intro. Not a single thing seems off. Flows very well. The build up when the drums come in sounds amazing. You know what you're doing and you do it very well. Most likely something i'd listen to before falling asleep.

"Holocene":
Wonderfully played. The recording itself, sounds a little 'muddy' and could use some brightening up, but this sounds amazing. Great tone.

I like what I hear. Might check it out again later and download.
Thanks for the critique!
I really like your track names, (HIMYM is like one of my fave shows)! I really only started to enjoy Ted Mosby at around the 1:11 mark, the sound you had going before that didn't really do it for me. It just seemed a little too stock standard, as though it came as a preset on some cheap keyboard. It could be the combination of that sound with the midi claps that put me off. The sound that fades and speeds up in the outro is wicked though.

Landmark Lagoon has a very cool intro, I would've liked to hear it played on a real piano though. The ambiance you layer under your tracks is very cool, the body and atmosphere it generates is sweet as. I really liked the drum build up then cut out in this too. I felt that the piano line got very repetitive after a while.

Cool music dude, and cheers for checking out my stuff
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
TBH, I'm not a big fan of "programmed" music, but I really liked the 2nd Track, has a chilling-in-the-sun kinda feeling!
Once again sorry for the late return crit haha!

I'm digging this first song, really chilled out spacey vibe which works solidly. I'd perhaps mix up the percussion a bit in terms of velocity and variation in order to carry the song a bit more. The mix lacks any real punch too, so I'd tighten and fill the bass up some more, a throw in a little master bus compression just to add a slight kick to it.

The second one, much like the first one has sweet melodies. It's just the main lead sound sounds hugely rigid and programmed, so variation in velocity, and slight timing loosening would help establish a much more chilled out vibe. That main melody really is sick though. And the percussion, despite lacking any real weight works well here. Same issue with the mix, so more careful processing could really bring this track alive.

Now the third song. I'm not especially familiar with the original, but what you have sounds really good. Same sort of deal with the extensively 'MIDI-fied' sound of it all, which really diminishes the serenity of the piece. I'd really work on maintain a more natural piano sound with much greater variation once again. But overall this you've done an exceptional job, so well done dude