What is it that I like about this album...

On paper there are many reason to not like this release. I sorta bought it for shits a few years back. I had neither heard their previous releases nor cared for the covered in gore artwork. Sure it's Metal enough, but the chances of it being worth more then a minute of my attention was small. But I bought it.

So we have some Swedish dudes and they ripped off Autopsy's logo. Not a good start. They seem young, probably some kids who heard Death Metal back in 2000 and decided to give it a go, not feeling to excited about this one. Highly typical song names.... pfft. Well I don't have company over, lets get this over with.

What is it that I like about this album?

Many years ago when Necromancy was spelled Necromansy; when Death was screaming bloody gore; and when being Morbid Angel was a good thing, there was a darkness brewing. The absence of light. The absence of a lot of things actually. Simplicity. Simple.

Honesty.

Give this one a shot boys, because its has bludgeoned my skull open with crude Satanic weaponry and has wrenched maggots from its innards and planted them where my thinking organ once was.

NSFA
not safe for ANUS
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Feb 25, 2012,
I'll give it a whirl. Been hankering for some good ol' fashioned death metal.

PM me if anyone needs a link.

EDIT: I have a slight feeling some people aren't looking into this because there isn't a link.

Anyways, like you stated, the predictability of this band is somewhat of a downfall, but the music is pretty good. Nothing horribly exciting, but when you get to tracks like Slaughterhouse and Necromance, you can see where there's potential.
Last edited by severed-metal at Feb 24, 2012,
A few years ago this would of instantly been filtered out before you created a thread and now you're at the point of having to explain, to both yourself and the rest of UG, why it's an okay release before posting this utter dog shit. You're getting old VG, you're getting old and you know it. Now get some fucking quality control before your throne is usurped.
Quote by Born Headless
A few years ago this would of instantly been filtered out before you created a thread and now you're at the point of having to explain, to both yourself and the rest of UG, why it's an okay release before posting this utter dog shit. You're getting old VG, you're getting old and you know it. Now get some fucking quality control before your throne is usurped.

I've seen some pretty funny things on UG, but I can't remember something quite as entertaining as this post.

Oh wait, yes I can.

Quote by Born Headless in a PM to me dated Feb 14, 2010 8:50 PM

I know you don't know me, but I've been lurking on these forums for a few years now under a few different profiles and I couldn't resist messaging you. You are easily the most knowledgeable person on the subject of metal on this entire forum and though we never talk, I've grown to respect you and I while I never message you, I'm quick to check your threads for band recommendations, a quick laugh from a witty remark, or a life lesson. I plan on making a new profile soon and I think I'll stop lurking... I hope we can be friends on these forums one day. But anyways, I've gone way off subject and I'm sure I sound very girly haha... I hope you decide PM me, I'm very interested to hear your opinion on the subject matter.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Jaysus..

I'll give this a blast tonight man, the description sounds killer.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
It's one of those releases where, if the time is right, it'll latch onto your brain. I'm a sucker for this stuff. Primitive death and some Horror of the Zombies sounding bass? I can do that.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
How convenient of you to fail to include your response the next day:

Quote by VampireGoldfish in a PM to me dated Feb 15, 2010 10:45 PM
oh hey BH (is it cool if i call u that???) i was gonna message u after u showed me that sweet Lavra band but i wasnt sure if u liked me back or not..but alas, im rambling... to answer your original question, while i respect and envy your 9", i don't believe it will be enough to satisfy my mother... I believe Craig Pillard summed it up best in his '92 promo interview of Onward to Golgotha when he stated, "We just wanted to created something filthy, something dark, cavernous... That's why we chose VG's mom's vag as the concept for this album." what do u think the cover art is? anyways, mom's calling,i'll talk to u late Bh!!
Last edited by Born Headless at Feb 26, 2012,
feb 14 lololol young and naive

i like how bh's post goes from what seems a normal response and degenerates into that 7/10

it overstayed it's welcome near the end though
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Feb 26, 2012,