My first NGD thread. I took the leap. I got the Epiphone G400.

First off, I have been poking in and out of these forums looking for information and everyone has been great. I know a few chords, and am learning music and stretch out my hands. My previous guitar was a starter guitar that, to my surprise, was a 3/4 size guitar. No wonder the A chord was hard, there's no room. And the strings were very high from the frets, I had to really press down hard (is this called the "action"?).

So picking this thing up the first thing I noticed was how easy the strings are to press down. Then I tuned it. I played a few chords and HOLY SMOKES, I can play all chords with no fret buzz and room for my fingers. I am very excited to have a 'real' guitar now.

Here is a photo, I hope it works.
(Invalid img)

I am running through a Mustang 1 amp with multiple presets and the thing sounds amazing. Much better than the cheap $100 starter guitar (Tye-Ger brand, wtf?). I noticed that during a quick little exercise I am not missing or overlapping strings (playing B and high E open, 1st and 3rd to learn notes). Of course, I am being a newb, I think this thing is awesome. I have nothing really to compare it too, but it is a well done guitar.
Nice guitar dude, enjoy it!

The chrome pickups and full scratch guard look sick together :P
Last edited by BigSmokeDawg at Feb 24, 2012,
Congrats, mate! That's a really good and solid choice.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

You did good, that one should hold you for awhile! HNGD!
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Wait untill GAS comes in!

HNGD!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Having a blast with it. It's really amazing how much difference a quality guitar can make.
Wait until you get something better. Always leaves you thinking how you ever did without it. :P
HNGD!
You're not supposed to plug it into the wall socket though!!!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
HNGD! keep at it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
G400 was actually my first guitar but I had the Silverburst. HNGD!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE