Hey guys, I just got myself an account here, looking forward to picking up some good info. Just picked up the guitar about 6 months ago, it had been sitting in my basement for about 2 years and I finally decided to sit down a few hours a day to learn the little bastard.
Hi New Guy. The Electric / Acoustic guitar subforums should answer any questions you might have about your instrument, advice on good brands etc. Musicians Talk is a good place to learn about music theory (chords, scales, keys, all that fun stuff), and if you're looking for advice about the physical aspects of playing guitar check out the Guitar Techniques subforum. Descend into The Pit if you're looking for some off-topic nonsense to distract you for a while.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Feb 24, 2012,
Hi, PruessPUB

Learn to distinguish between a good musician and a worse one. If you are about as good as your favorite musician after playing guitar for a couple weeks, try following a more skilled musician.
Sometimes you have to stop thinking too much and just go where Hollister takes you.