maybe I should re record it, but yea not everyone can hear it I think, my brother can but my wife can't, it is a high pitch ringing noise and you cant hear it much in the recording. I have found that if I mute the b string most of it goes away.
Well, I don't know but my Ibanez is similar. Wonder if it could be something with active pickups because mine has a switch that make the ringing somewhat less noticeable.
you should take it in and have it looked at.
'Weird ringing sound' that you can hear unplugged is most likely fret buzz from one or more of the strings hitting the other frets as they vibrate. Depending on the nature of your guitar, the type of strings you use and the tuning you use, this may mean you need to raise the string height (action), increase neck bow or have the frets dressed (filed down)
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yea, I heard it. Does it happen with open strings? Change up and down the fretboard? Certain frets? All strings? Certain ones?

If you can identify certain frets you might have a high or low fret.

If certain strings, try different strings.

If it is all the time, all strings, all frets, check your bridge for loose stuff.

If it is just open strings, check that your strings are properly seated in the nut slots.
Does it have a floating bridge?
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Quote by Matt.Guitar
It might be the springs inside the trem cavity vibrating - I use a bit of foam strip to mute my springs.

I can;t actually hear anything in that recording though!

+1

I shove toilet paper in my guitars with floating bridges.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12