OK this is just a quick, stupid question before I spend $150 on this drum software to make sure I have the right idea about it.

I'm under the impression that it:
-will come with a VST plugin that I can use in Reaper
-will work in a Windows x64 environment
-I can drag and drop Midi beats I've laready made into Reaper and play them through Addictive drums

Am I right?

I apologise for the question, but I need to be certain and I can't find anywhere that explictly says these things.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
That is 100% right my friend. Here is a song I made midi drums for, imported it to AD and did all the recording/mixing in Reaper.

http://soundcloud.com/fridge101-1/demo-mix2

I did exactly what you are expecting the program to do

EDIT: i use windows vista so i would double check that part
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
yes, yes, and yes (mostly).

i run AD as a vst in reaper with no issues. i am running the x64 version of windows 7 and again, i have no isssues.

the only thing is with your last question. AD does not use the standard midi drum map, but there is a way to change it to use it. so you will have to change a couple of settings to make your pre-made files work. i have also heard that there are a couple minor differences between what AD calles general midi and some other programs do, so you may have a few tweaks even once you are using that map. not a big issue, but it is something you will need to be aware of when you start using AD.
Quote by jof1029
the only thing is with your last question. AD does not use the standard midi drum map, but there is a way to change it to use it. so you will have to change a couple of settings to make your pre-made files work. i have also heard that there are a couple minor differences between what AD calles general midi and some other programs do, so you may have a few tweaks even once you are using that map. not a big issue, but it is something you will need to be aware of when you start using AD.

Yeah, having the latest version (1.5+) is essential. It's now very easy to change to different mappings like General MIDI, EZdrummer, BFD etc etc. The electric kit support is great too.
Thanks guys, that helps.

I just ordered it so I suppose I'll have to work the midi thing out when it gets here.

Also, yeah, it was version 1.5.

Thanks again
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

I can't get the AD demo to work in Reaper x64 (Windows 7), it seems there's a whole glut of people with the same problem. No bona fida solution yet as far as I'm aware of for those struggling to get it working.
I use mine in Win7 x64 no problem. Professional and home edition. AD is a great program!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
OK I've just started using it and I have a n00b question.

Using my old (crappy) drum software I would write the drum part in guitar pro5 and then export as a midi then import it into reaper and run the drums as an effect on the track.
This is working fine with AD except it's playing all the wrong drums as in it's playing cowbell where one of my cymbals should be and all the toms are coming out as (I believe) cymbals.

So my question is, is there a way to change this or am I going to have to start writing the drum parts in something else where AD recognises the format?

What would you guys do?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

There should be a setting in AD 1.5 to switch it to GM (General Midi) mode. Click that
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Wow, thank you. I wasn't expecting it to be that simple a fix.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90
Wow, thank you. I wasn't expecting it to be that simple a fix.

This is what we were talking about further up the page! In the older versions, you were stuck with a special mapping that was a total pain in the arse!