Poll: Do you consider this Graffiti/ street art?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you consider this Graffiti/ street art?
Yes, its pretty cool
44 75%
No, lame
13 22%
Kind of, but not sold on it
16 27%
indifferent, but like the idea
13 22%
Voters: 59.
So I know this is kind of a strange topic to post here but I came across this Blog awhile ago by some dude in San Francisco who is making wire animals and attaching them around the city on like cross walk signs, traffic poles etc. I found it pretty cool but I'm still not sure that I would consider it Graffiti.

So, I wanted to as the Pit what they thought of this stuff and if they think its a cool idea/should be consider Graffiti one way or another?

Here's another link to the website:
http://sfzookeeper.blogspot.com/

Here's a pic I thought was pretty badass
Attachments:
cat.jpg
Yes, I have done that, and it indeed, was incredible.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not there...

"Pursue Happiness, With Diligence"
Last edited by R8:31b at Feb 25, 2012,
I will pay him to make sculptures.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
yeah i noticed there was a tumblr and a flickr but they all have the same images,
Yes, I have done that, and it indeed, was incredible.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not there...

"Pursue Happiness, With Diligence"
I wouldn't really call it graffiti.

Graffiti is usually "permanent" (paint, markers etc.) and therefore considered defacement and vandalism, which is a punishable crime. And I believe the reason for this is because it damages someone else property which cost money to removed (sand blasting, repainting, etc)

This really causes no damage. Looking at the picture, it's just wrapped around the pole. If you don't like it, take it down. No harm, no foul.

I think the largest possible "criminal" charge you could put on that would possibly be littering and I think that's a real stretch.
if you drive round London on the buses....you will notice potatoes with cotton buds stuck in them, just sitting on the roofs of bus stops..
it may not be graffiti, but its street art
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
That's pretty cool.

But what about Moss Art?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
graffiti plural of graf·fi·ti

Noun:
Writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.

So the definition doesn't fit. But definitions are essentially made to be changed.

On one hand, I can see someone arguing that it is something illegally posted on city fixtures/property. On the other hand, it's very creative and doesn't seem to as much a nuisance as wall painting.

I'd have to say that it is not graffiti.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I thought the poll ? was do you consider Graffiti art. Yes i do.
Also this is the first I'm seeing of wire graffiti, i'd definitely consider it graffiti.
This shit will be a lot harder to get rid of though, unrolling 20 meters of wire compared to just painting over a wall.
Quote by jugglingfreak
I wouldn't really call it graffiti.

Graffiti is usually "permanent" (paint, markers etc.) and therefore considered defacement and vandalism, which is a punishable crime. And I believe the reason for this is because it damages someone else property which cost money to removed (sand blasting, repainting, etc)

This really causes no damage. Looking at the picture, it's just wrapped around the pole. If you don't like it, take it down. No harm, no foul.

I think the largest possible "criminal" charge you could put on that would possibly be littering and I think that's a real stretch.

Ever heard of 'reverse graffiti'? It's when you make your marks by cleaning away a section of dirt or grime.

Many would consider it as perfectly legal because nothing is being 'painted' on anything, it's simply dirt being cleaned away, and who in all fairness could criticise that eh?

Leeds Council can apparently.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/oct/15/ukcrime.prisonsandprobation
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Ever heard of 'reverse graffiti'? It's when you make your marks by cleaning away a section of dirt or grime.

Many would consider it as perfectly legal because nothing is being 'painted' on anything, it's simply dirt being cleaned away, and who in all fairness could criticise that eh?

Leeds Council can apparently.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/oct/15/ukcrime.prisonsandprobation

That's awesome as hell.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
That is so cool, love the 'clean' graffiti. Great to see my local council hate it as well, nobs.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Oh man I love reverse graffiti, they have some at one end of the broadway tunnel here in SF, very very cool.

I'm glad to see that street art is starting to become more main stream and also very creative, more so then simple tags on walls. I'd like to see more stuff like this around then annoying tags.