Does anyone have experience with Bugera V55 Combo amp? They are very cheap considering other tube amps. Are 55 watt suitable for a gig or do i need more than that to work with the band? Do you recommend 112 or 212? thanx (sorry for my english)!
i heard its pretty good, just check the reviews in the review section. you should get a head and a 4x12 cab. combos are pretty useless. and i hope you dont play metal because its not really a metal amp. and yeah i think its fine for gigging
With Bugera you get a lot of amp for the money, however they have a reputation for poor quality control - as do their parent company Behringer. Some of that reputation is due to their first run of amps having a slight issue which caused them to set themselves on fire. That issue appears to be fixed, however they are still known for poor reliability so make sure you have a good warranty if you buy one.

55 watts should be enough for gigging smaller venues, and if you want a combo, get a combo. Despite what the newbie said, they aren't useless, they're just different.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by holywins183
i heard its pretty good, just check the reviews in the review section. you should get a head and a 4x12 cab. combos are pretty useless. and i hope you dont play metal because its not really a metal amp. and yeah i think its fine for gigging

Wow you're right. Combos are useless. If you're not running through a 4x12 there's no point. Thanks for helping me realise how silly it would have been to get that mark iv combo I've been dreamin about.

@ts the v55 should do you fine. If you buy new, you should know that Bugera just boosted the mfr warranty from one year to three years.
i have the v22 mostly for home use and its a great amp for the money. going about 3 years strong with some light gigging and its in perfect shape. its been in some bad climates too...been sitting in a shed in summer heat for 3-4 weeks in NC. no negative effects.

alone...meh. its better when facilitated with my pedalboard. without my OD pedals and perhaps an EQ, i can pull a very broad array of sounds from it not counting my other pedals.

to be honest, it really isnt the best build quality. can anybody disagree? but for what you pay its fairly solid. if i were going to gig 1-2 times a week, you might find ourself growing out of it soon. a gig every now and then, sure it will be fine.

55 watter will be PLENTY loud. i thought about putting a high sensitivity speaker in my v22 and with a mic will probably play any venue (if miced). 55 watts is plenty unmiced in most places.

overall very nice amps for what you pay. key factor.
55W can be incredibly loud with a tube amp. My old renegade could be switched down to 18W, and that was plenty loud to play over a drummer.

Quote by holywins123
you should get a head and a 4x12 cab. combos are pretty useless.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Or you're trolling. Either way, not helpful.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by holywins183

Depending on the music/venue/crowd size this is true but for most gigs/concerts I have been to combos do pretty well. If they aren't loud enough you can just mic them up. A decent 2*12 would be pretty handy but a 1*12 combo like the V55 would be heaps loud. I went to Fender road show recently and they had a Super-Sonic Twin 100 watt 2*12. He played it through it's various settings and at the 25 watts setting on it's own was very very loud so much that it almost drowned up the bass and other guitarist.
Quote by holywins183
You should get a head and a 4x12 cab. combos are pretty useless.

I reserve these for the particularly stupid.

Congratulations.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
you should check out the bugera militia thread
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by holywins183
you should get a head and a 4x12 cab. combos are pretty useless

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The V55 sounds very nice clean, and very sucky when distorted. At least, the one I tried did.

Quote by holywins183
combos are pretty useless.

No.
Quote by ibanart300
Depending on the music/venue/crowd size this is true but for most gigs/concerts I have been to combos do pretty well. If they aren't loud enough you can just mic them up. A decent 2*12 would be pretty handy but a 1*12 combo like the V55 would be heaps loud. I went to Fender road show recently and they had a Super-Sonic Twin 100 watt 2*12. He played it through it's various settings and at the 25 watts setting on it's own was very very loud so much that it almost drowned up the bass and other guitarist.

Rob Baker of the Tragically Hip uses two Mesa combos mic'd on their live DVD. And thats playing to a crowd of nearly 20,000. Used properly, combos can do just about anything.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Rob Baker of the Tragically Hip uses two Mesa combos mic'd on their live DVD. And thats playing to a crowd of nearly 20,000. Used properly, combos can do just about anything.

Well there you go. I haven't seen that done before personally but just goes to show that yeah when set right they can do just about anything.