Hello! I am looking for an Ibanez superstrat without Floyd Rose and other tremolos. It has to be hard tail. What do you think about Ibanez RG321, RGA, S series guitars? Whats the quality? How do they work on distortion and clean? My budget is max 500€ thanx!
Last edited by kitarmen at Feb 25, 2012,
The only Ibanez I played that was a hardtail was the RGA42E that I noodled on during a visit to GC. I really loved the Gibralter bridge and the EMG 81/85 combo. I actually preferred the archtop body to a flat one, just personal preference. All in all it was a very nice guitar for the price. Just wish they would have done something different with the dot inlays.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by tappooh
See if you can find an used RG1451.

heck you should be able to find a new one for only slightly more. thomann was selling them for £550 or so not that long ago.

but agreed. if you're within touching distance of MIJ prestiges (and you've already decided you're going with ibanez), you need a very, very good reason to take a non-prestige over it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Paul Gilbert models are hard tail.
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
If you're willing to venture out of Ibby, The Schecter C-1 Classic might be a good match for you. It's a really nice guitar. I have one, and it's sounds are nice, and it has some pretty amazing sustain.

But one thing, the sound of a guitar is crafted through the amp, and that being said, a nice guitar will sound limited through a crap amp, and I personally would put that money towards an amp instead.
Last edited by Cannibal Koala at Feb 25, 2012,