I am a classically trained bassist with a little electric guitar experience as well. Right now I am looking to start with bass guitar as well because my church band is looking for one and I miss playing bass but cannot afford a stand up bass and don't have room for one. I am looking at Samicks because my guitar is a Samick and from what I've heard they're the best bang for your buck. This is the model I saw at a store except with active pickups and the guy is asking for $250, is that a good price?
From what i have found online, the bass goes for around $230 new. So, with active pickups...yeah sounds like a good price to me. Do you know what kind of active pickups they are though?
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Quote by Oblivoath666
From what i have found online, the bass goes for around $230 new. So, with active pickups...yeah sounds like a good price to me. Do you know what kind of active pickups they are though?

For a 5 string, are you sure? Can you post a link to these prices?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Are specifically looking for a 5 string?

No, but at the store I went to the 4 string was only $50 less so I feel that it's worth the extra $50 for another string.