Before showering and with the way the hair grows
41 21%
After showering and against the way the hair grows
46 23%
After showering and with the way the hair grows
78 40%
Voters: 197.
Page 1 of 2
When using a normal razor how do you shave?

Edit: I ment a normal razor as in just blades and not an electric one.
Last edited by Tangerineseeker at Feb 25, 2012,
Liek a boss, what 'bout you
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
After showering and with the way the hair grows. All other options are wrong, and lead to shaving rashes and/or ingrown hairs.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
After showering and with the way the hair grows. All other options are wrong, and lead to shaving rashes and/or ingrown hairs.

This is what my brother keeps telling me, but my buddy and me shave against the way the hair grows and it is a much cleaner shave and I haven't had any ingrown hairs yet. Maybe its because my hair growths isn't as strong yet.
Quote by Todd Hart

I've found the opposite is true actually
I do before showering, sometimes after I used to shave against the grain, although it made it look more smooth, it was also uncomfortable.
Quote by Todd Hart

Even shaving the proper way can result in rashes an ingrown hairs.
That's why I went out and bought a decent electric, problem solved.
Last edited by brownshirt1 at Feb 25, 2012,
I haven't shaved for a while as I have a manly (somewhat ginger) beard to keep me warm in the winter.
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
I do before showering, sometimes after I used to shave against the grain, although it made it look more smooth, it was also uncomfortable.

You're best of shaving with the grain once, and then shave sideways against it. Against does give a closer shave, but it's more likely to pull the hair out and tug on it, making it uncomfortable. Shaving with the grain will get it close, and then shaving perpendicular to it means it should be about as close as if you went against the grain, but it much less likely to irritate you.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I shave IN the shower, and against the grain. No shaving gel or cream... No probs here...
SHOOOOOPS
...is my MUSIC as good as muh shoops?

Quote by sglover34479
You know life isn't fair when people like HB are stuck posting on a guitar forum instead of rolling in bitches and cash.
Quote by VillainousLatin
I shave after showering and with the way the hair grows, otherwise I get infected hairs all over my neck and face and I'd look like I was stung a million times by angry bees.

Same.
After showering, against the grain. My skin is usually wet so it compensates for what little uncomfortability that comes about as a result of going against the grain. I don't grow enough facial hair for it to be really bad, though.

EDIT: I also use just water or a bar of soap, shaving cream is for utter pussies.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Usually after showering.
If not, I'll wash my face in warm water first and wait for 10 minutes and use more gel.
Always with the grain. My face doesn't make much difference, but if I go against on my neck it really gets a rash.
Surprised everyone voted on the same option as me, i'd have thought it was pretty random.
Gay minds think alike
Before showering. You can clean your face way better afterwards and get a true clean face without the stuff that your razor's conditioning strip, shaving cream or aftershave would usually leave. Plus if you use some anti-oil face stuff it cleans it really well and you can remove that layer of grease your face excretes after having a sharp blade run over it, scraping all the dead skin off.

And usually I go against the grain, but sometimes with it. My grain is completely ****ed, on one side of my face it goes upwards and on the other it goes downwards so I have to fannagle the blade at different angles in the hopes that I can train the grain to be all uniform eventually.

But I usually just use my electric. Because I HATE having a completely clean shaven face, it's painful, uncomfortable and I can't even function some days because it's so sensitive. I've tried everything under the sun and I've found that using an electric can give you a close shave if you want, but it can give you a near-close shave, which is great because then it leaves a tiny bit of stubble and you can actually feel your face without having extreme sensitivity and it won't spew out as much grease.
in the shower so i dont need shaving cream, i shave against the way it grows because its smooth that way.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Some people do it while showering.

I think the best is before showering. wet your face with hot water to open up the pours. Shave, then shower to wash away the shaving cream.
After showering always.
The hairs on my neck i shave against the growth. The rest with the way it grows.
Also i hate electric shavers they tug heaps.
Hooray I shave like the majority of the pit!....
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by ssjmitch
in the shower so i dont need shaving cream, i shave against the way it grows because its smooth that way.

You have a mirror in your shower? Eww that's so gay.

After the shower, with the grain. It's the only way, I don't care if going against the grain gives a closer shave, I don't want to look like a child anyway
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Before showering/with the grain. Why the **** would I shave after showering? Makes more sense to shave before so it's easy clean up. That's like waiting to take a shit after finishing showering
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Before showering/with the grain. Why the **** would I shave after showering? Makes more sense to shave before so it's easy clean up. That's like waiting to take a shit after finishing showering

While taking a shit after showering is silly and ruins the clean butt feeling, I find shaving after showering much better. First of all your face gets all cleaned up and moisturized in the shower so that it's easier to shave after and second of all it feels amazing to clean your face with cold water after a hot shower and a clean shave.
I never use a 'normal' razor, always the electric shaver. And I use it before showering when the hair is nice and stiff so it's easy to shave it. I have almost no facial hair anyway.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Cb4rabid

I've always heard that the warm water softens your hair and opens up the follicles, so that there is less resistance to the razor (or whatever you use) and less irritation. I tend to be a believer of this, myself.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
While in the shower, shave the hair with the way it grows, then shave against the way it grows.
This way no Shaving Cream is needed and you get a smooth, clean shave.
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
Quote by papershredder
You have a mirror in your shower? Eww that's so gay.

After the shower, with the grain. It's the only way, I don't care if going against the grain gives a closer shave, I don't want to look like a child anyway

Where did i mention a mirror? i am generally pretty thorough so i don't need one.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Quote by eGraham
I've always heard that the warm water softens your hair and opens up the follicles, so that there is less resistance to the razor (or whatever you use) and less irritation. I tend to be a believer of this, myself.

I was taught this by my old man during my first shave.

I just shave when I feel like it's nessecary. Never shaved under the shower, so I don't know the benefits. I might give it a try though.

I shave with the grain, after applying said warm water and gel. On occasion, after shaving all the long hairs off, I go against the grain on my chin and jawline. Makes it feel that much smoother.
After shower against the grain. Never use shaving cream either, the steam and water from the shower makes it soft enough to shave.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by ssjmitch
Where did i mention a mirror? i am generally pretty thorough so i don't need one.

You shave without a mirror? That's hardcore, I could never do that
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by papershredder
You shave without a mirror? That's hardcore, I could never do that

I've got a mole on my face, honestly that's the only reason I use one (I have cut it once or twice before and anyone with a mole knows they NEVER EVER STOP BLEEDING.)
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Electric and I just trim. Since I've been growing facial hair I've only been clean shaven maybe twice.
The time doesn't matterr, just that the skin is dry, but it must be against the way.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Basti95
Surprised everyone voted on the same option as me, i'd have thought it was pretty random.
Gay minds think alike

Penny for your thoughts? This gets me so hot.

I shave with the grain.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Page 1 of 2