hey guys, just looking for everyones input on what compression pedal i should acquire. My stage setup in listed below in my signature if that bears any weight into your opinion.
Stage Rig:

Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Soapbar

MXR SuperComp
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 (Keeley Electronics mod)
DanElectro FabTone
Line 6 DL4

'78 Fender Twin Reverb
Diamond, Keeley, Wampler, JHS, etc. Those could be outside your desired budget for just a compressor though.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I've been looking at the MXR Super Comp, does anyone have any experience with them? I know Jake Cinninger (Umphrey's McGee) uses a Super Comp and I really like his sound, so im probably just going to go with that
Stage Rig:

MXR SuperComp
Vox Wah
DanElectro FabTone
Line 6 DL4

'78 Fender Twin Reverb
what are you looking at spending?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The way I see it I've invested a lot in my gear, so why skimp. At the same time, if the mxr super comp is going to fit my needs why should i spend 300 dollars on something like the keeley electronics compressor.
Stage Rig:

MXR SuperComp
Vox Wah
DanElectro FabTone
Line 6 DL4

'78 Fender Twin Reverb
Quote by Ryanh1985
The way I see it I've invested a lot in my gear, so why skimp. At the same time, if the mxr super comp is going to fit my needs why should i spend 300 dollars on something like the keeley electronics compressor.

I understand where you are coming from. The keeley compressor gets a fairly good rep, I liked the one I played, but tbh, I have no idea what makes a good compressor. Just thought that having a budget to work with would help other posters.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I ended up getting the MXR Super Comp. Took it through its first practice today and it does wonders. I give it two thumbs up.
Stage Rig:

MXR SuperComp
Vox Wah
DanElectro FabTone
Line 6 DL4

'78 Fender Twin Reverb
Glad you got something that works. I borrowed someones pedalboard and Dr. Z Maz 18 NR head+Dr. Z cab today. His Diamond compressor has convinced me that I need one...and a Dr. Z like his wouldn't hurt....and a Lovepedal OD11 like his....and his Nova Delay......dang it...
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Mar 4, 2012,
I bought a Diamond Compressor last week and it 's really amazing, it's on permanently now. I actually put it after the distortion pedals as well - it does wonders for my EH Big Muff (get a super compressed buzzsaw sound) and the tilt EQ is extremley useful as well.

That said I tried no other compressors at all before buying this
for compressor pedals I feel like there is a huge gap between the bottom barrel and the top notch stuff. experimentation is key!

Carl Martin makes a killer stomp comp
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
Quote by Ryanh1985
I've been looking at the MXR Super Comp, does anyone have any experience with them? I know Jake Cinninger (Umphrey's McGee) uses a Super Comp and I really like his sound, so im probably just going to go with that

Guess you already made your decision but I'm pretty sure Jake actually uses a Fuchs Royal Plush Compressor.
i guess he has that in his setup now, but the earlier stuff through anchor drops he used the mxr dynacomp which is very similar to the supercomp. Regardless, i love my supercomp. It makes a HUGE difference on screaming solo's.
Stage Rig:

MXR SuperComp
Vox Wah
DanElectro FabTone
Line 6 DL4

'78 Fender Twin Reverb
Cool, well I'm glad you're happy with it.

For future references on Jake and Brendan's gear, you should check out this video http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20111004/1651/Rig_Rundown_Umphreys_McGee.aspx

and Jake's pedals are all listed here http://www.umphreystabs.com/Jakes_Gear.html