requirements:
- must have cushions around ears
- like 0,5 meters of cable
- Good for rock and metal, nothing else I listen to
- Not giving me a headache because they are too tight
- €50-€100=$70-$130=£40-£85

Optional:
- Noise cancelling circuit
- Wireless but if it has this option I also want it to have a wire.
- Cushions on the headband

Thanks in advance!
sennheiser
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
idk what model they are currently on, but i have the sennheiser hd212 they are quite good in my opinion, and pretty flat and balanced response. you should be more than good with that series.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
I have these, and they sound great to me. I use them for monitoring and mixing when I record at home...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sennheiser-HD280-Pro-Closed-Back-Headphones-101597318-i1126138.gc
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Works for me... Anyway, Sennheiser HD 280. $99.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan

These are good.
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
Audio Technica ATH-M50s are the best in their price range, by far. Not super hyped in the lowend, like most headphones under ~$400. I use them to dial in the lowend on my mixes and for tracking vocals and drums, but they are very comfortable for every day listening and fold up into a fairly compact size, to fit in the little bag it comes with. Accurate enough that I would trust a mix I did entirely on them to translate fairly well to another sound system.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Matrix Claw speaks truth. I personally prefer AKG headphones but to get the good AKG's you have to part with a fair bit of money. When it comes to value for money it's hard to go past Audio Technica.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by jpatan

By any chance, do you know if I listen to music on max volume, do other people hear it?
So I wouldn't bother people during class, if listening to music is allowed.
Quote by stykerwolf
ive heard good stuff about the m50s, you can also check out the grado sr60i or the sr80i. the grado are considered more for rock and metal

Grado makes nice headphones, but neither of those designs are closed, thus they will spill a lot of audio out of them, and people will easily be able to hear them. It seems like he's using them for just listening, but for mixing, the open design makes them very inaccurate IMO. The only reason they're better for listening to rock and metal is, because of the open design, the bass doesn't build up as easily and sound boomy. If you were to cup your ears around them, you'll probably find that they're even more hyped in the bass than most other headphones, to compensate for this loss of bass from the open design.

They are great sounding headphones, regardless. For some, I'm sure they work very nicely; but if you're wearing headphones while listening to music, it's more than likely because you don't want other people to hear it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
have a look at sennheiser's, i got the hd202 or 212 (cant remeber the nunber off the top of my head lol) and there quite good, there pretty comfortable and they can get quite loud my only issue id say would be the length of the cable, its bout 3m long (but can be wound up) and the cable ALWAYS finds its way under ya feet so ud go to stand up and end up rippin em off ya head lol
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60