Hi, I am looking for a new electric guitar. I have a budget of £900 MAX. I am very interested in the Ibanez JEM 555, however I am wondering if there's anything else I should be looking at for this price?

I like to play a wide variety of styles, from Free to Iron Maiden to Megadeth to Satriani, Vai etc... So, I want a versatile guitar, and under no circumstances do I want a Les Paul style, unless it is a very non-generic design.

And, before anyone mentions it, I neither want, nor need a new amp.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
The JEM 555 is terrible value (in my opinion.) You can get a used RG Prestige for that price and you're getting a very similar guitar with far better parts.

The prestiges are excellent guitars, I've just never been a fan of the way they look :/
Petra - Beyond Belief.
You could get some great Ibanez guitars for £900...

If you want to hear some great options, drop me a PM buddy.

I could sort you out a Jem a like for under £900 brand new....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I know many people are going to say an LTD Deluxe but in my honest opinion, the best playing and sounding guitar i have come across for that amount of money was a Gibson Flying V. I ended up buying it over the EC. The Gibson is completely flawless in finishing and construction and sounds great. It might not have locking bridges and abalone binding, but It makes full use of what does have. I've never had tuning problems and the guitar is very resonant, so i can't complain.

But this isn't to say LTD Deluxe's are bad guitars. Because they aren't. Ibanez Prestige's are also great guitars.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 25, 2012,
Quote by Tom 1.0
You could get some great Ibanez guitars for £900...

If you want to hear some great options, drop me a PM buddy.

I could sort you out a Jem a like for under £900 brand new....

PM'ed
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I know many people are going to say an LTD Deluxe but in my honest opinion, the best playing and sounding guitar i have come across for that amount of money was a Gibson Flying V. I ended up buying it over the EC. The Gibson is completely flawless in finishing and construction and sounds great. It might not have locking bridges and abalone binding, but It makes full use of what does have. I've never had tuning problems and the guitar is very resonant, so i can't complain.

But this isn't to say LTD Deluxe's are bad guitars. Because they aren't. Ibanez Prestige's are also great guitars.

I was looking at the Flying V, and it's perfect, except for the fact I have my heart set on a locking trem :/
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
I was looking at the Flying V, and it's perfect, except for the fact I have my heart set on a locking trem :/

Oh well.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by ChucklesMginty
The JEM 555 is terrible value (in my opinion.) You can get a used NEW RG Prestige for that price and you're getting a very similar guitar with far better parts.

fixed

but agreed.

jem 555 is a terrible idea. you can get a prestige for less, which is a way better guitar with a better tremolo
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?