hey everyone, I need a second opinion from you guys as to what to do about my current situiation. I currently rock a ESP M-II with a floyd rose and everything, i have no idea how to change it or set it up for different tunings and a new band i joined plays mostly drop b or c and the other band i am in plays everything in standard. i am considering selling it to replace with a gibson explorer 76 re issue or something simmilar in style. let me know what you would do, keeping both is not an option.
I might keep the ESP because the longer scale length will make such low tunings more readily achievable. But i would get the Gibson because if you are changing tunings a lot (which i imagine you are doing), the Gibson can get the job done a lot faster as its a fixed bridge.

But the guitars are like comparing apples to oranges. Nobody can say which one is better because they're completely different guitars.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I only mentioned the Gibson as it was of the nicer guitars I could afford if I sold my ESP. I dont use frets 19-24 as I am a rhythm guitar player and was going more towards a rhythm guitar. My budget is 1500 and I don't want a les Paul. I just want something that everyone will recognize and also feels good and will last a long time and no Floyd rose
Quote by edwards1
I only mentioned the Gibson as it was of the nicer guitars I could afford if I sold my ESP. I dont use frets 19-24 as I am a rhythm guitar player and was going more towards a rhythm guitar. My budget is 1500 and I don't want a les Paul. I just want something that everyone will recognize and also feels good and will last a long time and no Floyd rose

In that case, the Gibson could well be more suitable. But what would be even more suitable is a baritone if you're going to tune that low.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
In that case, the Gibson could well be more suitable. But what would be even more suitable is a baritone if you're going to tune that low.

This. Incidentally, Gibson recently brought out a 24 fret Explorer Baritone, which could suit you well.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube