Hey all

A question for the more techie among you...Lately my Epi LP 100 has been acting a little strange. When I play a note at the 12th fret, it holds for about a second, then it makes a weird, almost feedbacky kind of sound and chokes out. I've noticed it mainly on the G and B string.

Any ideas on what this could be? Cheers, guys.
most likely a serious case of fretbuzz, thats causing a harmonic
Os Abysmi Vel Daath
Cheers, Grim...What would you recommend for it? Raise up the action a little until it stops?
Judging by what you've said, you would need to raise the action so much, it'll make the guitar almost unplayable. The proper way to solve the problem is doing fretwork, but i wouldn't bother given the value of the guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
prolonged heat, moisture in the air, extremes of temperature in a short time...
If it was fine before, it could be because of fret wear. You can check by looking closely at the fret to see if the crown of the fretwire is flat. Or if the area in which the string is touching the fret is worn.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Dempsey68
prolonged heat, moisture in the air, extremes of temperature in a short time...

Makes sense. I live in a damp basement flat in London...probably the moisture got to it. Good thing I'm moving to sunny Australia next month. I'm getting a much better guitar in a couple weeks and I wouldn't want that to have the same problem.

Thanks, guys.