I made a thread on this some time ago, but still haven't got it fixed.

I have a small chip in the neck of my guitar, about this big: [------]. and it's just the thickness of a hair deep (just the paint really)

It's just the paint that has come off, and I'd like to fill it up to make it feel smooth again.

I don't really care if it looks perfectly matched, just that it smooths up with the rest of the neck.

I want to do it myself, so what stuff should I use for this?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by timbit2006
Please, stay in the Pit.

No problem.
But it's much cheaper and works great.
I did it on my GFs guitar and when she's he found I got laid...

Down in a grave.
Yup, I'm a ghost. Deal with it bitch.
Quote by itamar100
No problem.
But it's much cheaper and works great.
I did it on my GFs guitar and when she's he found I got laid...

Down in a grave.
Yup, I'm a ghost. Deal with it bitch.

You're not a ghost you're an idiot. And you need to proof read because I have no idea what that second sentence says.

OP, if it is just a tiny scratch in the finish you could probably buff it out. You could also do the crazy glue toothpick trick.

Oh, and itamar, please don't call helpful members of the forum bitches. Especially if you have nothing of use to say yourself.
Quote by inkandlead
You're not a ghost you're an idiot. And you need to proof read because I have no idea what that second sentence says.

OP, if it is just a tiny scratch in the finish you could probably buff it out. You could also do the crazy glue toothpick trick.

Oh, and itamar, please don't call helpful members of the forum bitches. Especially if you have nothing of use to say yourself.

Ney, call me Sir Lord Master Dr Nurse Darth Mrs Itamar100 for that is thee true status that was granted to me by the gods.

I call everyone a bitch, it doesn't matter if they're helpful or not. In fact, if Sir Lord Master Dr Nurse Darth Mrs Itamar100 calls you a bitch, you should be endlessly grateful for it is the highest status a mere human being has been capable of receiving from tge great lord other than bell end.
why can't trolls stay where they belong?
on a more related note, if you still have the chip you could super glue it back in and use fingernail polish of the same color where it meets up to make it look seamless, then a light sanding with extremely fine grit sandpaper
like barely touching it light
Quote by itamar100
Deal with it bitch.

I'm sure he will, cunt.
Its a compliment, you should feel happy to be called by such a name.

OT: Use a drop of super glue, then sand it down to match the rest of the neck with progressively finer grades of sandpaper

EDIT: I should really read the whole thread first.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Last edited by Speckled_Hen at Feb 25, 2012,
^^

I could post pictures, but you won't see it clearly (tried it).

Oh and I don't glue the chip back, cause there really wasn't a chip that came off it.

Compare the "chip" with making a scratch on that grayish stuff on a lottery ticket with your nail.

It's just that I now feel the grain of the wood when I move across it. It doesn't affect my playing, but it's just annoying to feel it. (like water dripping in ur drain).

I think I go with filling it up/smoothing. I want to know if I do this, what's the best stuff to use/order of appliance/drying time/sanding it smooth etc.

Thanks for the replies so far

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
^^

I could post pictures, but you won't see it clearly (tried it).

Oh and I don't glue the chip back, cause there really wasn't a chip that came off it.

Compare the "chip" with making a scratch on that grayish stuff on a lottery ticket with your nail.

It's just that I now feel the grain of the wood when I move across it. It doesn't affect my playing, but it's just annoying to feel it. (like water dripping in ur drain).

I think I go with filling it up/smoothing. I want to know if I do this, what's the best stuff to use/order of appliance/drying time/sanding it smooth etc.

Thanks for the replies so far

he meant fill it up with super glue not glue a chip back :P
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
he meant me, but hey, you were polite at least, thats more tha you ca say for alot of people in here
I'll second the superglue and nailpolish idea. a friend of mine did it to his old fender and it came out great. You wouldn't really notice unless he pointed it out.
*insert witty statement here*
Quote by Viban
he meant me, but hey, you were polite at least, thats more tha you ca say for alot of people in here

whoopsies.

thread got too sidetracked for me to follow along
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED