Page 1 of 2
What's the best deodorant/antiperspirant?

Right now I'm using Old Spice Clinical Strength, which works fairly well to prevent most sweat, but it doesn't do a good job of covering up that specific working sweat smell. I used to use regular Old Spice deodorant, but that only helped the smell and not prevention of sweat. Even with that, the smell was so strong everyone thought I was wearing cologne, which I don't. Is there one out there that can prevent most sweat AND still smell good enough to cover the sweat smell without being over powering?

Pit stains. Ha. Pit? Get it? PIT Stains? Nevermind.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Showering regularly. I find people a lot more attractive if they don't smell at all. A tiny hint of perspiration is okay though.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 25, 2012,
Uncle Tom's of Maine - no animal testing or products, and aluminum free. Please buy aluminum free deodorant - it's much better/safer for you. Yeah, Old Spice smells like a manly man's choice of smell, but it's not worth the shit you jam into your pores...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'm using Old Spice "matterhorn." It is alright compared to a lot of others. I Hate that gel. Still though, I've yet to find a good deoderant that covers up my stench.
Quote by High&Mighty
I'm using Old Spice "matterhorn." It is alright compared to a lot of others. I Hate that gel. Still though, I've yet to find a good deoderant that covers up my stench.

I use Matterhorn, and I also switch to Irish Springs occasionally. They both smell great
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
I've noticed that gel deodorants tend to leave permanent stains in the armpits of my shirts, ruining an undershirt and getting close to ruining a shirt I like wear regularly. I don't think the stains are worth it anymore. Do those you've recommended leave any weird stains?
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance Anti-Perspirant
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by pawnluv
Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance Anti-Perspirant

That's what I used to use. Is that solid white one or the translucent one?
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by OfCourseNot
I've noticed that gel deodorants tend to leave permanent stains in the armpits of my shirts, ruining an undershirt and getting close to ruining a shirt I like wear regularly. I don't think the stains are worth it anymore. Do those you've recommended leave any weird stains?

Start researching what goes in your health/body maintenance products and stop using aluminum deodorants...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by OfCourseNot
Matterhorn is like.. A 'dry' one. Irish Springs isn't a gel, per se. You dont squeeze it through the little pores at the top. It's one of those deodorants thats sort of clear and has a wet-ish texture. Goddamn it smells good. If you have odor problems, I'd also recommend using the body wash they make. It's excellent.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Quote by darkstar2466
Start researching what goes in your health/body maintenance products and stop using aluminum deodorants...

Hm, that explains a lot. Is there an antiperspirant out there that is a good alternative to aluminum zirconium tetraclorhydrex gly?
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by StillSublime
Matterhorn is like.. A 'dry' one. Irish Springs isn't a gel, per se. You dont squeeze it through the little pores at the top. It's one of those deodorants thats sort of clear and has a wet-ish texture. Goddamn it smells good. If you have odor problems, I'd also recommend using the body wash they make. It's excellent.

I'll make sure to try them then. I use the Old Spice Pure Sport bodywash. I can't smell it on me anymore because I've used it for awhile now, but when I first started, I noticed the smell of it lingers for a long time. I've had quite a few girls tell me I smell awesome when using that stuff. That is, before I start sweating.
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
(Invalid img)

regular.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E

As someone said, it's better to smell neutral than to smell too strong of something (even good). This is a very plain smelling deodorant but it has enough of a pinch of a good smell to hide any small odors I may have.
Also I hate using drystick. Gel all the way.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

As someone said, it's better to smell neutral than to smell too strong of something (even good). This is a very plain smelling deodorant but it has enough of a pinch of a good smell to hide any small odors I may have.
Also I hate using drystick. Gel all the way.

My dad used to use that stuff for a long time. Ruined every one of his undershirts. It was gross.
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i usually pick out a random old spice deoderant/anti persperant

i have the FRESH one now but i realized it wasnt an anti perseperant, luckily its winter and i dont sweat much

I wish I could say the same, but it's been 70 degrees F for the past week so yeah...
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm actually using that chocolate axe stuff right now. Think it smells pretty awesome.
Dove men +care, "clean comfort" - the blue one. It says 24 hour protection, it'll last a few hours if I'd usually be sweating normally in the situation.
Quote by OfCourseNot
My dad used to use that stuff for a long time. Ruined every one of his undershirts. It was gross.

Really?
I've never had a problem with it. Did he use too much?
Then again, I don't believe I wear undershirts so I can't really have the same problem.
Gasoline.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Do you Yanks not have spray deodorant? I hate using a stick.

Also this.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
When I found out irish spring makes body wash and deodorant I was quite pleased. That's what I tend to rock
This conversation confuses me, wtf is gel deodorant? In the UK it's just Spray, roll-on and less commonly stick. Anyway, normally Lynx (Axe for the Americans) Africa roll on.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
When I found out irish spring makes body wash and deodorant I was quite pleased. That's what I tend to rock
My brother.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Africa is about the only bearable Lynx spray, so usually that. Or Right Guard, whichever is cheaper at the time.

If I'm going somewhere really nice though

Ted Baker shit's awesome.
Quote by Laird95
Do you Yanks not have spray deodorant? I hate using a stick.

Also this.

Yes, we do have spray. We've just realized that it makes you seem like a desperate, high-school loser. And in that case, it looks like a dildo.

Only acceptable answer here =
OLD. SPICE.

Seriously, I pity any guy who hasn't had a chick just come up and a take a big fat whiff of hits pits then you grab her butt and teh sexing ensues. Old Spice does that.

(note: I don't just mean random chicks on the street. Chicks you're already more or less "with." Trust me, it's still ****ing sexy)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by StillSublime
I use Matterhorn, and I also switch to Irish Springs occasionally. They both smell great

These. Work awesome for me
Quote by tyler_j
This ought to shut you up

I now have a lolstack, therefore I shall stop my rampage!
Have to say, I've never even seen roll-on deodorant for men.

On topic: I don't know, I just pick any random anti-perspirant and wash regularly. I hate smelling obnoxiously of some fake smell.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I swear by Old Spice Swagger, both for deodorant and body wash. Anything else is unacceptable.
If we talking about Old Spice, After Hours is the best by far. BY FAR.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Fiji motherfuckers.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by darkstar2466

arnt you the same guy who smokes american spirits and wont shut up about it?

ot: I dont even shower much, and my pits never smell. Kind of awesome. But when I do, I use ocean surf speed stick cuz it barely has any odor, and its that clear kinda wet shit thats awesome
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Feb 25, 2012,
Quote by darkstar2466
If we talking about Old Spice, After Hours is the best by far. BY FAR.

+1

Quote by stealstrings

C:
Quote by DempseyPunk
arnt you the same guy who smokes american spirits and wont shut up about it?

I advocate additive-free tobacco when the discussion comes up. I do make a post or two about it tobacco threads, but I'm not one to bother people with it, so I don't know what you're talking about. I do shut up about it...

ITT, IRL, everywhere: people have no idea what comprises anything they ever use, and they are too lazy to find out. Said people end up using products that hurt the body worse than safer counterparts.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by due 07
Old Spice smells like old man.

I am old!

Old Spice Fiji, Matterhorn, and Original.

Mah favorites.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Page 1 of 2