In no way do I see myself in the near future truly rocking out with a full fledged band.

I was looking of buying a small wattage tube amp to rock out in my bedroom or possibly going back down to the solid state market (as much as I'd dislike to)

My other options would be to buy a Line 6 Pod Studio interface and just rock out on my computer with head phones.

But then again I love to actually touch the amp I'm playing not click and drag components but it is tempting!

Any advice? Will the Pod Studio fill my needs as a bedroom rocker?

Also the good thing about the Pod Studio is I can use other programs to record my guitar, i would mainly be using the Pod Studio for it's interface not the Pod Farm software (I'll mess with it obviously because it come's free)
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
Fender Telecaster JA-90<br>
Fender Telecaster 79 custom<br>
Depending on the styles you play, I'd suggest either a Mesa Mini Rectifier for higher gain playing or an Orange Dual Terror if you don't play with high gain. For a cab, I'd suggest an Avatar 1x12. You can get one from them much cheaper than one from Mesa or Orange with the same quality.
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
I am also a bedroom rocker - I tried for years to get a great guitar sounds from guitar sims mainly trying out Pod Farm and Guitar Rig, both are actually pretty decent you can get a lot of nice sounds. Ultimately getting a killer distortion was quite tough and I went in for a 5W Blackstar and it kicks arse. It's still very loud though and you can hear it outside when the volume is at 12 o'clock.

I'd recommend getting a decent low watt tube amp, a couple of pedals (distortion, chorus, delay, noise gate) and going down that route. As someone who has tried both I would solidly come down on the side of getting an amp + something like an SM57 for recording.
I have a marshall class five and it kicks a ton of ass...Its super loud though...like over drum kit loud...
If you are on a budget and want a decent small tube amp, look at the Blackstar and Orange smaller units. If you have a bit more money to spend, look at Mesa's. If you want quality sound and great distortion tubes r the shittz I'm a fellow, basement (apartment/bedroom/whatthefukever) rocker and I have 2 tube amps, I use my baby Marshall MG for my 'puter speaker now. Get a nice small tube amp, use 'puter for recording, not sound shaping.
What tone? Clean, vintage, modern, etc...
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
I mainly play punk rock ( no bs blink 182 crap) mainly similar to bad religion, Mxpx, bouncing souls, so a killer distortion isn't needed. Just a nice subtle high gain. No drop tuning for me ha
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
Pittsburgh

Hit me up someday, maybe you won't be just a bedroom rocker for long :P

And doesn't your HD500 have a headphone out?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Well, I've had a bunch of small amps, and I still favour my old 50w monster for home use.

What tones do you want/need?
I've run a Vox Tonelab through an Epiphone Valve Junior as my practice rig for two years or so, and I liked that a lot for home practice. Maybe the modeller + small tube amp route might be interesting for you, too?
Quote by TheQuailman
Well, I've had a bunch of small amps, and I still favour my old 50w monster for home use.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Going through the same thing, bedroom rocker needs tube amp. Needed to have a 1w or less than 1w option along with a master volume knob.

I settled on a Laney Cub head and cab. I wanted a vintage tone, clean and overdriven, and this thing sounds beautiful and takes pedals well, it can't do metal without help though. Blackstar sounds modern and sterile, Blackheart sounded great but didn't have the options I wanted. Vox AC4 ONLY with a cab has killer vintage overdrive but has no headroom. VHT another gain monster with lots of lows. Orange was out of my price range. JC has a great modern gain sound. Marshall class 5 is way loud and not much headroom.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
for bedroom practice I mainly use my PC and run Guitar Rig 4..I use a slightly tweaked 80's Solo stock patch.. To me it just sound so killer that I use it for my goto sound. Jackson>XFI Music extreme>GR4>5.1 HT receiver> 2 Pioneer towers,sub,3 small satellite speakers..

I like running everything through my PC..nice having everything at my fingertips

Also have the Randall 100es and it sounds great..but dont really use it much for bed room wankerage..
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Everyone keeps talking about metal sound. When did I say I wanted a bedroom metal sound?
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
Quote by NosralTserrof
Pittsburgh

Hit me up someday, maybe you won't be just a bedroom rocker for long :P

And doesn't your HD500 have a headphone out?

It fact it does but I'll be selling it. I use 4 things on it ha 2 amp models and a digital delay and a reverb. Not worth it to keep it
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
What's wrong with your DT50? Can't you use that?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by devinbryndel
It fact it does but I'll be selling it. I use 4 things on it ha 2 amp models and a digital delay and a reverb. Not worth it to keep it

Ok. Care to donate it to a local?

Um, yeah, is there a problem with the DT50 you have?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Sold it. Moved to a one bedroom apartment way to big for my space. Sounded amazing tho
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>