I have an emg guitar with no tone control. Can I wire in a cap to bleed of some of the harshness, or will I need to install a tone knob for this?
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
That sounds like a stange combination, what guitar do you have?
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by cooper1965
I have an emg guitar with no tone control. Can I wire in a cap to bleed of some of the harshness, or will I need to install a tone knob for this?

You can, but you'd be stuck with it. Why not use some tone shaping after the guitar? Put an EQ or boost with tone control after your guitar and limit the treble. Also, bear in mind that you'll lose some treble when you roll your volume back.
Yeah. I mean, all a tone knob is is a capacitor and a variable resistor creating a lowpass filter. If you don't want to drill a hole for a pot, just install the correct res/cap combo for your frequency rolloff.
Use this in your experimentation: http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/CRlowkeisan.htm
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
is it an ESP M, by chance? awfully bright guitars but nice to play
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
It is a dean ml-mahogany body and neck, ebony board. It has 81/85 combo, 3 knobs, 2 volume controls, and the third control that is actually a 20db afterburner thats adjustible. I actually just finished an 18v mod on it, and it really cleaned up the harshness to my surprise. I would like to experiment with some different cap values though, I just wasn't sure if I could use caps without a tone control. Thanks for any advise, and the current advise.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.