This is pretty good man!
But, from about 0.23 to 0.45 it straight up sounds like a Chariot song, or something like it.
Great band!
Goddamn this is so awesome.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by MustangMan311
Pretty boring.

Sorry it doesn't have mindless wankery.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Andrew gets so mad at someone when they don't like things he does. It makes me smile.

Also, this band couldn't hold my interest for more than 2 minutes. Make of this what you will.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by zezimathehero
Andrew gets so mad at someone when they don't like things he does. It makes me smile.

Also, this band couldn't hold my interest for more than 2 minutes. Make of this what you will.

I didn't get mad, I just think it's funny because the only things that hold his interest are proggy wanky bands.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Feb 27, 2012,
Quote by synestershadows
I didn't get mad, I just think it's funny because the only things that hold his interest are proggy wanky bands.

I feel like that's entirely not true, given what I can discern from following him on tumblr alone, but massive generalizations about someone's music taste are alright too I guess.
Quote by seeneyj
Yeah, like you do to me and "pandycore."
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Yep, basically.
Quote by seeneyj
Band's meh. 5/10
Quote by synestershadows

Nope, him and I are both big on Depreciation Guild, which doesn't really fit either of those characteristics.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'd rather listen to one of the many bands that do this type of music better. I think I'd even rather listen to Norma Jean...
I'm an asshole.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Band's meh. 5/10

After more listening, this is actually right about where I'd sit them. I listened to a couple songs fully and dug em, but their songs are so similar I just wound up getting bored.
Quote by lookpizza
I'd rather listen to one of the many bands that do this type of music better. I think I'd even rather listen to Norma Jean...

Norma Jean's second album is one of the best for this style

*waits to lose all credibility on this forum*
How much cred did you have to begin with?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Internal Chaos

Oh God the Aftermath!?? I agree it's a pretty good album actually but like Botch, Coalesce, Dillinger... every album by them is better.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by synestershadows

Come on dawg, look at what I've been listening to in the past year and tell me that's true: http://www.last.fm/user/MustangMan311

That style might be my favorite, but it's definitely not the only thing I listen to.

I just think this is boring. Not much of the chaotic metalcore stuff sticks out to me because most of the riffs fit a template for the genre and not much else.
Quote by MustangMan311
Come on dawg, look at what I've been listening to in the past year and tell me that's true: http://www.last.fm/user/MustangMan311

Hey...super bar is filled up!

Quote by lookpizza
Oh God the Aftermath!?? I agree it's a pretty good album actually but like Botch, Coalesce, Dillinger... every album by them is better.

I don't have much desire to get into Norma Jean at this point, and all I hear is that they're Botch rip offs anyways.
Quote by blake1221
Hey...super bar is filled up!

I don't have much desire to get into Norma Jean at this point, and all I hear is that they're Botch rip offs anyways.

You should check out Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child. Josh Scogin, the Chariot vocalist, sang on that album and it's AWESOME. Definitely the best material they've put out. Everything else is pretty shitty.
Quote by Internal Chaos

My friend is obsessed with that album.
I've tried on numerous occasions to get into it but nothing has ever really stuck.
Oh and for the record, the only reason why people say Norma Jean sound like Botch is because they are both known for their dissonant major 7 chords. Botch are more complex but generally cleaner, better structure and more intricate guitar work. Norma Jean's first two albums are just chaotic, more so than the majority of The Chariot's work.

The people who say NJ is a Botch rip off have only seen the youtube videos that compares the intro's to a song by each band. I really wouldn't take their word for it

Still dig this band regardless
Bumping for great justice.

I like this band, sure they're no Converge or Botch... but most bands aren't...

The full length is free too so you can't really complain too much xD

http://myriadrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ominous-silence
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Not bad at all. I'm really not sure what to compare these guys to. I really don't hear that much Chariot to them in all honesty. Probably because Josh Scogin is such a major part of their sound. I like them for similar reasons. I see some similarities to Converge, and maybe some to Stray From The Path in there. Entertaining but there is nothing special about the vocals; just sounds like every other metalcore band out there. At least I can say that Converge, The Chariot, and Norma Jean all have interestingly fresh vocal approaches.
TOP 500 Contributors
If you've got a real metalcore song that you want tabbed, let me know. I'll see what I can do.