Hey, i was hoping someone could help me find a more comfortable and easier way to play this sweep arp:

-10-7-------------7---10-7-10-7-----------7--10--7-
--------7-------7---------------------7-----7------------
------------7-----------------------------7---------------
-----------------------------------------------------------

I do roll my finger when its a sweep arpeggio with 2 strings that are supposed to be rolled with the same finger, but i've been trying to play this arp like it's shown and no matter what i always get awful string noise.

Does someone have a better idea of how to play this? i've tried but ended up blank. That'd be much appreciated, thanks.
e|-10----------
b|----12-------
g|-------11----
d|----------12-
a|-------------
e|-------------

You really should be able to do this yourself, I suggest you learn how to do so by studying the notes of the fretboard.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you should also be able to play it this way eventually. roll with just the first digit of the index finger, and make the movement tiny.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
e|-10----------
b|----12-------
g|-------11----
d|----------12-
a|-------------
e|-------------

You really should be able to do this yourself, I suggest you learn how to do so by studying the notes of the fretboard.

thanks, i tried that fingering, it just didnt seem very comfortable either -in order to be able to play it fast. But i'll have to stick to one of them, i guess there really aren't many other efficient ways to play it . Thanks a lot! that helped
Quote by Maru717

-10-7-------------7---10-7-10-7-----------7--10--7-
--------7-------7---------------------7-----7------------
------------7-----------------------------7---------------

The only way to finger that is rolling. It's probably the hardest part of sweeping in my opinion. Perfecting those rolls i think will be the hardest part of become a br00tal sw33per
First solution:

-10-7-----------7-10----
----------------------------
-------11-7-11-----------
3 1 4 1 4 1 3
The second would be possible only up to about the 12th fret because it gets too tiny above. Same Frets as the rolling but different fingering. Invert hand a little bit to arrange fingers in a more vertikal manner rather than horizontal to do that. Fingers indicated below.

-10-7-------7-10----
-------7---7----------
---------7-------------
4 1 21 2 1 4

Same can be used even better for this form:

-12-7-------7-12-----
-------9---9-----------
---------9--------------
4 1 2 1 2 1 4
Last edited by Facecut at Feb 29, 2012,