Any tried these, specifically the AS73? And how does it compare to the epi dot, which pretty much seems to be the benchmark for semi hollows in this price range?

p.s random Q, how does the sustain of a semi hollow compare to say that of a les paul?

Thanks for all your replies in advance.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
...40 views and no replies? Anyone?
I have an AK85 (full hollow) and a Sheraton (semi). Very different sounds. The Ibanez has a very clean sound and stays that way at 10... The ACH pups are not a hot as the stock Epi's . The Epi gets dirty when cranked. Both are great guitars, but I would say the Epi is more versatile.

The Epi (my Epi anyway) has excellent sustain. When compared to my LP, they are about equal.

I hope that helps.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I played the AS73, in Holland and another two in England so I've played three, and I also played the AS103, I thought they were both exceptionally well finished instruments especially the AS103, but they lacked most of the gibsons 'warmth' if you know what I mean, as they both have far smaller bodies than a traditional ES-335/Dot and as a result the sound turned our closer to an SG than the warm sparkly 335 tone I wanted, but that said in terms of built quality/looks/feel they beat the epiphone. To sum up they are exceptional guitars for the price but don't expect a tradional semi solid sound.
SMILE!
Random: how loud are they unamped, say compared to an electric?
They are louder than an electric but againdue to the smaller body there not that much louder compared to an Epiphone or Gibson equivalent
SMILE!
are they dampened like the dot? I seem to remember my gutiar teacher having an artocore (single cut away though) being really loud
I'm guessing by dampened you mean having a solid block through the middle of the guitar making it semi-hollow. If that's what you mean then yes they do
SMILE!
I wouldn't consider the Epi having a center block as being "dampened". As a matter of fact I would consider part of why my Epi has such good sustain.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
I wouldn't consider the Epi having a center block as being "dampened". As a matter of fact I would consider part of why my Epi has such good sustain.

Well as a matter of fact no one suggested otherwise, he meant acoustic volume
SMILE!