and i don't know where to begin. i usually just connect my guitar straight into my mac, but it sounds a little plasticy which means i have to turn down the volume knob a lot which really dilutes the tone. i have a roland cube 40x, if there's a way to connect this to my mac and preserve the quality and tone, please don't read the rest and let me know how.

i need to know a good site in the UK to order it from. i'm thinking Dawsons because they offer free delivery over £50 and it's relatively safe to order from. i'm also wondering what to get. i can spend upto around £110 but i can wiggle a lil if it's worth it. any recommendations are appreciated.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I'm assuming at £110, you're looking at the UX1. I own one, and I must say, it's a great piece of kit for the money. Pod farm isn't the best amp modeller, but with some ''know how'', it can sound brilliant. Even if you do dislike the amp models, there are expansion packs, or you can record a dry track, and then use other VST's instead of Pod farm. If you're only looking to record guitar, you could look at the GX, which I think is around £70 or 80, and then get some of the expansion packs for Pod farm.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Feb 25, 2012,
Quote by Carl6661
I'm assuming at £110, you're looking at the UX1. I own one, and I must say, it's a great piece of kit for the money. Pod farm isn't the best amp modeller, but with some ''know how'', it can sound brilliant. Even if you do dislike the amp models, there are expansion packs, or you can record a dry track, and then use other VST's instead of Pod farm. If you're only looking to record guitar, you could look at the GX, and then get some of the expansion packs for Pod farm.

thanks for the ideas, bro. what's the difference between the GX and the UX1?
Quote by laid-to-waste
thanks for the ideas, bro. what's the difference between the GX and the UX1?

The UX1 has an XLR input, the GX dosen't. In terms of everything else, there's no difference. Maybe some difference on the back, but I've never really looked at the back of a GX properly.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Feb 25, 2012,
Quote by Carl6661
The UX1 has an XLR input, the GX dosen't. In terms of everything else, there's no difference.

thanks. do you think it's worth the extra £50ish? what exactly would an XLR advantage you to?
I have a UX1, it's lasted me for about 5 years so far and works great.

It has a 1/4" guitar input, and the XLR (Microphone), and on the back two line inputs (1/4" jacks you can use for preamp outputs, keyboards, etc.)

If you choose to use a microphone with the XLR it needs to be a dynamic microphone, such as a Shure 57 or Audix i5, because it doesn't supply the phantom power needed for condenser microphones. If you want to use a condenser with it, you have to have some kind of a preamp with phantom power and you run the output into the line inputs.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Last edited by Ghast at Feb 25, 2012,
ah, i just realised. thanks for the advice, guys. i'll only be using my guitar so that's settled.
Quote by NosralTserrof

i thought that was the last generation? is that better than the new ones?
Quote by laid-to-waste
i thought that was the last generation? is that better than the new ones?

Naturally, each Pod will be better than the last, but the XT series is pretty damn good.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
Naturally, each Pod will be better than the last, but the XT series is pretty damn good.

I'm sure some people would argue that . I've toyed with a friends XT Live briefly while sound-checking at a show once, but that's all I would have to go on. I found it quite a hassle to use, but I'm sure if I had the chance to sit and read the instructions, that wouldn't have been an issue.
sen as they don't make it anymore and the only way for me to get it is second hand, i'd probably be more comfortable just getting the new gen

thanks for the advice guys