So I've recently got some extra cash, and I've been meaning to change out my infinity pickups from my RG350DX.

The only thing is, I'm not sure at all which ones I want. I like the dimarzio breed pickups, but I'm not sure if they're good for overall tone.

Here's what Im looking for:
-Bluesy tones like Hendrix (I've got an HSH setup)
-Sweet metal tones like A7X
-Metallica

Before you say that I need a new amp, Im already getting the Mustang IV soon, but Im looking to kind of...push..the tone a little. I like high gain stuff, but I also like to be versatile.
what price is the mustang? i mean it's still a modeller. not saying new pickups will make no difference but they'd make more difference with a tube amp, kind of thing. and add the price of pickups to the price of the mustang and you could maybe just get a better amp, kind of thing.

what's your overall budget (pickups + amp) and what country are you in (affects prices)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Even with the Mustang IV it's not a great improvement in tone if you change pickups.

Save up and get a proper amp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
put your money into a better amp. the mustang is pretty average (I'm being kind), and running better pickups through it really wont make any difference. the stock Ibby pickups are good enough, and are certainly adequate to get good tones out of a better amp.

the best pickups on earth won't sound too much better than the infinities through a mustang.
Im really pressing for the mustang amp because its got all the stuff I already want. So maybe I DONT need new pickups?
well that would be the other way to look at it

the wrong way, if you ask me, but yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hendrix tones can be had with almost any single coil or split humbucker and neither Avenged Sevenfold nor Metallica have a particularly complex or unusual tone. If those are the sorts of sounds you're going for, the stock pickups should be more or less good enough so long as you have an appropriate amp.

And that's your problem. The Mustang IV is not an apporpriate amp for Hendrix or Metallica, and it'll provide a poor imitation of A7X at best.

What you need to get that range of tones easily is a mid-gain valve amp and a good overdrive pedal; a fuzz pedal would be handy if you wanted to go into the wilder style of Hendrix.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Hendrix tones can be had with almost any single coil or split humbucker and neither Avenged Sevenfold nor Metallica have a particularly complex or unusual tone. If those are the sorts of sounds you're going for, the stock pickups should be more or less good enough so long as you have an appropriate amp.

And that's your problem. The Mustang IV is not an apporpriate amp for Hendrix or Metallica, and it'll provide a poor imitation of A7X at best.

What you need to get that range of tones easily is a mid-gain valve amp and a good overdrive pedal; a fuzz pedal would be handy if you wanted to go into the wilder style of Hendrix.

this man speaks the truth!!

really, go play some other amps (slightly better ones). you'll hear the limitations of the mustang so clearly it'll hurt.