hi there, I have tried out a few kinds of strings from elixir. the strings without the coating (semi transparent coat) will have some sort of lint on it especially the place my fingers hit on. is there anyway to remove that?

then i decided to go for the coated strings. now there is no lint but the coating peels off and they look like they are 'hairy'. anyone facing the same problem? or anyone knows how to fix this?

i tot they're the most expensive strings and yet they suck imo.
That's kind of the cost of having coated strings though you must really be abusing them to bring it out like that. Mine never shed unless I beat the hell out of them. Maybe they're not you're thing but they're the only brand I've used for 4 years now.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
That's the way they can go and there's no real cure other than other strings.
coated strings IMO are overrated sense they promote long life etc, but that long life extends way beyond the clarity of the strings for me. The Coating always wears off fast for me too so i went back to using Martin Marquis. Just wipe your strings down after each use to keep them cleaner.
I tried the elixers they aren't bad sounding and they do last, but I found the strings more prone to snapping when you went to restring them .

I will stick with my martins for now
Quote by BigHeadClan
I tried the elixers they aren't bad sounding and they do last, but I found the strings more prone to snapping when you went to restring them .

I will stick with my martins for now

I love everything about them except the string breakage. I literally only change mine when I break the G....which happens every 2 weeks since I change it's pitch so much. If I stay in standard though I'll keep them on for a couple months.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Every 2 weeks damn I do not envy what you pay for in strings even if you played live, though I suppose if you where playing live you would change you strings at least that often anyhow.
I dont like Elixir.. i love ernie balls though. I just dont get all the rage about Elixirs..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Meh. I don't beat my strings up too much, and I keep my acoustic in pristine condition. Combining my playing style, Fast Fret, and Elixirs, I'm left with a set that can last months at a time without sounding like dung. Different strokes for different folks.
I am a fake mountain.
I use only Elixirs for my electric and my acoustic. Just wipe em down if you need to, or change strings. I have found they stay in better condition much longer for me than other strings, and are worth the money TO ME. I like the coating, makes it feel smoother for me to play. But when im on a budget I use D'adario or however you spell it, you know what I am talking about. I never plan on going back to Ernie Ball again.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by BigHeadClan
Every 2 weeks damn I do not envy what you pay for in strings even if you played live, though I suppose if you where playing live you would change you strings at least that often anyhow.

I'm *Semi* professional and a student so I'm playing literally 4+ hours a day on my acoustic alone. I also get a discount on them which keeps the price down a bit. But yeah, it kinda sucks. I break Gs all the time though. I should probably think about buying some single Gs to replace instead of doing the whole set.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712