I have got an effects loop going..and my signal chain is my morley mark tremonti wah pedal (the problem), boss tuner, boss ds-1, boss dd-3 delay. The sound that comes from my amp is great when the wah is engaged but when it is not engaged it somewhat muddies the sound. What do I do to make my sound sound better?
You could try looking up a mod to fit true bypass or another one I've heard of is using some sort of loop switching box to switch the wah in and out of the setup. They tend to be bad for sucking tone due to their buffers.
i know this may be a dumb question..but how do you place the dd3 after the amp?
Quote by waltb87

in the effects loop pending you have one. either better wah or bypass box. bypass boxes could be made in five minute if you can solder and follow a simple schematic. the bypass box wouldn't have more than $15 into it most being the enclosure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by waltb87

not dumb, good question

there are 'effects loops' for some amps, this allows you to run pedals after the amp's preamp and before the amp's power section. this has certain benefits, like keeping your reverb 'crisp' sounding.

if your tremonti pedal has a crappy buffer, you can have it moded to improve the buffer (replaces some transisters and maybe a couple caps is all it is, i think). you could also sell it and get something nicer. i use a fulltone clyde deluxe, RMC makes awesome stuff too. a bit pricey, but worth it.

edit: bypass box. good call.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Feb 29, 2012,