Ok, so i'm going to Cambodia for 3 weeks at the end of the year. I'm going to be going on a 6 day trek through the jungle, sleeping in hammocks, pooping in trenchs etc.

Just got the list for stuff i'll need, and one of the big things is a good pair of boots, probably going to be throwing down atleast $150 on a good pair (Will probably be Magnums, as my dad swears by them).

So, the question, you may ask?

Would a pair of 'jungle boots' (Leather sole, fabric upper, High up with good ankle support) be adequate for 10 - 15kms a day, in some instances with heavy rain and crossing rivers?

Thanks
I hope you're physically fit enough. Hiking for hours straight is a bitch on the feet.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I used to be an army cadet,and yes,that sounds like the kind of boot you want.Make sure you lace them properly,and tie them up real tight when you put them on.Some drainage holes in the side aren't a bad idea.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Yes they should suffice, however a couple of points to consider. First, make sure that they are somewhat broken in before the trip as to prevent painful blisters, which can easily get infected in a jungle environment. Second, it is not a bad idea to bring some extra pairs of socks (to change into if the boots are damp), or even better if you can find waterproof socks. I do a lot of canoeing in Canada and a fresh, dry pair of socks feels great after a day on the river.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY
Can't really suggest you any but I can't stress enough how important it is to wear them on a short trip or two before you go to Cambodia. You really need to break them in or else a paint-train will be heading your way.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by DylanHendrix
Yes they should suffice, however a couple of points to consider. First, make sure that they are somewhat broken in before the trip as to prevent painful blisters, which can easily get infected in a jungle environment. Second, it is not a bad idea to bring some extra pairs of socks (to change into if the boots are damp), or even better if you can find waterproof socks. I do a lot of canoeing in Canada and a fresh, dry pair of socks feels great after a day on the river.

Yeah man, i'm taking these bamboo fibre socks, very strong and thick. Also yeah, my dad was in the Royal Enginners (UK) for 5 years, so i know what i've gotta do. Fresh socks every day, foot powder, and yeah, learning to properly tie a boot up. Thanks man.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Can't really suggest you any but I can't stress enough how important it is to wear them on a short trip or two before you go to Cambodia. You really need to break them in or else a paint-train will be heading your way.

Yeah man, i'll probably have them a month or two prior to the trip (Its 11 months away, my feet will probably have grown if i get them now!) and my parents do alot of hiking, so ill probably have atleast 20kms through them before I go.

Thanks, man.

Also, whats a 'paint-train'?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Frankly, that sounds like the worst holiday ever.

Where you'll kiss ass or craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
Quote by Ian hawkins
I used to be an army cadet,and yes,that sounds like the kind of boot you want.Make sure you lace them properly,and tie them up real tight when you put them on.Some drainage holes in the side aren't a bad idea.

What if they don't have drainage holes (I've seen a few surplus jungle boots from vietnam, never issued of course, they don't have holes). Can i just punch some holes and tidy it up? You reckon?

Thanks
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Where you'll kiss ass or craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Don't worry, i've been to school for a year or two, i've seen it all.
Quote by Owenlee55

Also, whats a 'paint-train'?

It's a typo of pain train
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Tessalate
I hope you're physically fit enough. Hiking for hours straight is a bitch on the feet.

Yeah, man. 4 gym sessions a week, 30 minutes on treadmill, 6km/h, 10 - 20% incline with 5 minute run at 14km/h at the end (Obviosly with no incline)

Plus lots of core work and back weights (Scoliosis, need to strengthen my back)
Quote by jambi_mantra
It's a typo of pain train

You understand me!

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Gold Bonds medicated cream for swamp butt.

Waterproof boots with waterproofer, no matter how good they are, it will fill any cracks or seams.

Bring some good stuff to barter with too, like candy. Something they don't ordinarily see.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
Gold Bonds medicated cream for swamp butt.

Waterproof boots with waterproofer, no matter how good they are, it will fill any cracks or seams.

Bring some good stuff to barter with too, like candy. Something they don't ordinarily see.

Nah, we can't have waterproof boots. With the heavy rain and corssing rivers, waterproof boots will just be annoying and cause foot rot.

Swamp butt?