Hey guys, what's the best pickup for pinch harmonics? I'm looking for a humbucker to put in my bridge position. Either passive or active is fine. I was thinking the Dimarzio X2N, but I'd like some input. Thanks.
for the most part its not the pickup its your technique i use stock Gibson pickups and my pinch harmonics come out just as good as zakk wylde with his emgs and you dont really need a new amp hope that helps \m/
Quote by AcousticMirror
a new amp.

+1
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
you dont need better pickups, I can pinch on a strat, practice
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
Regardless of what people say, hotter pickups generally help because they are far more sensitive than other pickups. So even though you should practice to refine you pinch harmonics, getting a pickup with higher output will help you. (do some research on the web as there are quite a few)
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
New amp. No, seriously they make a WAY BIGGER difference than any pickup would. Something with a lot of gain like a 6505+ would do it.
I notice my buds super distortion equipped les paul has pinch harmonics just flowing out of it when i play it
It doesn't really matter what pickup you have , you can pinch on anything - Billy Gibbons uses the relatively low output Duncan Pearly Gates and he's pretty much the king of harmonics.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you want to be objective about it, you really can't beat regular old EMG's.

That said, the issue may well lie with your technique, or your amp. What gear are you using currently?

I'd be a lot more worried about getting pickups you like the tone of, rather than pickups "best for pinching".
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
We've had this argument before. Gear and technique are equally important in this case. You can pinch with PAF pickups. But if you're playing modern metal, it's not going to sound right.

Having the right gear for the job gives a sense of security, knowing that you just have to work on your technique to get it to sound right, since it *should* sound right with your gear. If your gear is all wrong for what you want to do, it'll be much harder to make real progress.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X