I just lost one of my picks after a week (looks like this is goodbye Picky looks, ooh, another one of him ), so I was wondering how long it takes for you guys to lose a pick, if you've lost one at all . Remember, this is the time between grabbing a pick for the first time...until ya lost it.
The minute you stop caring about loosing picks is the minute you realize you're a guitarist and not just "some guy that plays guitar." I, literally, have a bowl of picks that I grab them from when I want to play, cause... well, fact is: it's a piece of plastic/bone/nylon/tortex thinner than a millimeter. They're not expensive and they're not hard to get.

But, I guess... I picked one out of my bowl, played for a few minutes, went to get a beer and then couldn't find the one I was using so I grabbed another. That was just tonight.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
what he said but mine are thicker than a mm.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
An hour after opening the package.

Dark colored picks and a dark colored carpet. They're here somewhere, damn it. I painted orange dots on both sides of the remaining ones.
Wasn't in my pocket when I got home from the shop.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
so that's why my vacuum makes that noise by the couch?

no shit.
i buy a gross/half gross at a time. i do through a lot. when you are going places to play whether it be a jam or practice or open mic or a gig in your band, etc.

$18 for a half gross is fine with me. they are so cheap they aren't really worth fussing over.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Thomme
The minute you stop caring about loosing picks is the minute you realize you're a guitarist and not just "some guy that plays guitar." I, literally, have a bowl of picks that I grab them from when I want to play, cause... well, fact is: it's a piece of plastic/bone/nylon/tortex thinner than a millimeter. They're not expensive and they're not hard to get.

But, I guess... I picked one out of my bowl, played for a few minutes, went to get a beer and then couldn't find the one I was using so I grabbed another. That was just tonight.

this times about 39834837
My sig? Nice.
I can say I've never cared about loosing a pick, really never thought about that but I guess you might be loosening molecules of the pick as you use it?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Sometimes a pick will only last me a song or two when playing live before it gets too chewed up/blunt and gets thrown. Can never understand how people can make picks last months 0_o
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
i hardly ever lose them, even though i stock up on the ones that i like best just incase i do.

so i've got loads of 1mm tortex and big stubby 3mm picks that i don't use because i've moved on to jazz III XLs for the time being
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
All picks should be luminescent.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i bought a pack of 12 and lost them before I got home..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by gregs1020
what he said but mine are thicker than a mm.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

What I don't like thin picks?
Quote by N1K156
I found my pick

you shpould have at least 12 of 3 different kinds haha.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
don't usually loose them.. just misplace them.. They are usually found on my PC desk,in my chair, on the floor or on my HT receiver...

atm I have maby 20 or so in a pile on my amp which is where i try to keep them.. Only pick is the .88 mm green Dunlops
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
I've never lost a pick, ever. Stolen though? Yes, all the damn time.

Those damn pick gnomes.....
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I have a year son. so i lose them. but i have like 30 or 40 picks always. like right now i have some jazz 3s, hetfield sig, some tortex .88 and some tortex 1.14.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
re thinking on my prior post, probably 50% are lost never to be found, and 50% misplaced which will be found again, in a pair of jeans, in the washter/dryer sitting on furnature and falling out of pocket,etc. but like i said is really a non issue that i wasted a few seconds talking about
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i bought a pack of ultex sharps yesterday.

i just bought another pack today because i "lost" the last pack (forgot i bought the damn thing) right infront of my gear shifter -_-

i realized when i went to put the new pack of picks there

im actually really good at keeping the same pick for an extended period of time. usually cause i put my pick down right when i get up to turn off my amp, so its always right there on top of my marshall
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I keep several picks in a metal tin container, and they are pretty much the same thickness but several different brands...I lose em, find em without trying, lose some others...im really bad with dropping a pick and have it magically vanish from eye sight for several days.

When i lose one i just grab another or use my fingers...or if im feeling up to it, i'll get down on the floor and hunt that sucker down.
I got a 6-pack of ultex sharps, may get a 36 pack of hetfield sigs. 2 picks in my case, four in the package.
when i was 12-19 i used to play guitar but i was poor and only got like a pick or 2 at a time and i had a brother i shared a room with and my picks would go missing.
I would take a plastic coffee lid and cut a triangle out and have to use that until i got money and a ride to the store.
Now i have a plethora of picks