Poll: What do you want to know about songwriting?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you want to know about songwriting?
How to write lyrics
2 25%
How to write cool chord progressions
1 13%
How to make really expressive music
1 13%
How to put together a song
1 13%
How to make guitar songs
0 0%
How to write nice melodies
1 13%
How to make nice vocal lines
0 0%
How to make music for piano
0 0%
How to get started in the first place!
0 0%
How to beat writers block
2 25%
Voters: 8.
Hi everyone!

It's my first post so I just thought I'd get things kicked off with a nice poll to see what you guys like/want to know about writing songs. I love making songs myself..though I'm still getting better! I put how to put together a song in the poll. I can never seem to put everything together in a way that makes sense :S Hope to share some great conversations with you guys in the future!
Last edited by jbpiedmont at Feb 26, 2012,
I love to write about hot-dogs and bbq. Everything that is extremely random. Hell, we have a song titled "Mister Pineapple".

Explanation: I'm in a comedy metal band lol.

But on a more serious note, I'm also in a thrash metal band, and the main subject of our lyrics is the Second World War (we want to make a concept album), so yeah...
Ayy there
Last edited by metalhead983877 at Feb 26, 2012,
Your first post should be in the Introduce Yourself thread.
Also, at the top of the forum there's a big, capitalised announcement that says "MUST READ BEFORE POSTING", I find it's often beneficial to read those ones too.

Don't be surprised if this thread is closed, since this is a forum for posting and critiquing lyrics/poems and other literature, there is also a community thread here and a lyric discussion thread here.

Welcome to S&L
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
That I've almost finished around 70 songs but ALWAYS give up because I start to think they suck... not really to do with my music, more to do with my methods...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!