Page 1 of 2
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Love this band. Garden Window was one of my favorites from last year.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
1,525 IQ
I just watched live videos, WOW. I'm really pissed they canceled their date with Manchester Orchestra when I saw them now... At least I got to see Harrison Hudson, he's pretty chill.
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Yes!! They are pretty amazing. I've been listening to these guys for a while now. Definitely check them out if you already haven't.
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
It definitely makes their live shows sound awesome, I think they're the kind of band you love a lot more after you see them live. Like Balance And Composure or PBCTT.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Really love this band. Ascension is such a good song.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflJpjdmyG8

If you don't like this, you don't like music.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
TooFast
Sometimes slow
478 IQ
That was decent. Not really liking the other stuff though.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
TheReverend724
another hit, barry bonds
2,947 IQ
Quote by CrossBack7
I don't really like the fuzziness, honestly. Alright, but not doing anything special for me. Maybe I need to give them another listen.

Fuzziness is the best thing music can have
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Quote by CrossBack7
I don't really like the fuzziness, honestly. Alright, but not doing anything special for me. Maybe I need to give them another listen.

Dude, thats honestly the way that I was after the first couple of times listening to them. I sat down one day and forced myself to listen to it. After that I couldn't get enough of them for about a week or two.

Check out the songs "Ascension," and "Division of man." Those are the two songs that really got me into them.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Meh, it was alright but that's it. Can't say I liked it much. Vocals are really irritating and the fuzziness is bleh to me.

Ascension is a nice song, though.
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
I didn't even know tey had another album! Is it as good as Garden Window?
CrossBack7
Vicious Dog Man
993 IQ
Quote by man_suits
Dude, thats honestly the way that I was after the first couple of times listening to them. I sat down one day and forced myself to listen to it. After that I couldn't get enough of them for about a week or two.

Check out the songs "Ascension," and "Division of man." Those are the two songs that really got me into them.

Guess I'll have to give them another shot. They felt like a group that I'd have to "try" to like, which is something I just don't really see as worthwhile in this day and age. One more time throughh.
IndiePunkjh
31 IQ
Thank God people are talking about O'Brother!! Such an amazing band, I saw them the other night at The Firebird
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
I was always meh about them.

Then I saw them live and the fuzz came to life. They sound really really huge live and Garden Window has some really cool songs on it, as well as the previous smaller album.
IndiePunkjh
31 IQ
I can only imagine how amazing it would be to see Neutral Milk Hotel live and then the REAL fuzz would come to life
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Quote by IndiePunkjh
Thank God people are talking about O'Brother!! Such an amazing band, I saw them the other night at The Firebird

I'm slightly jealous of you.
I've heard amazing things about them live.
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
Quote by IndiePunkjh
I can only imagine how amazing it would be to see Neutral Milk Hotel live and then the REAL fuzz would come to life

Did you really come in here just to say that?

This band uses REAL fuzz, and sound giant live, now leave
IndiePunkjh
31 IQ
Quote by man_suits
I'm slightly jealous of you.
I've heard amazing things about them live.

Oh it was incredible, beyond words
IndiePunkjh
31 IQ
Quote by rockfan7
Did you really come in here just to say that?

This band uses REAL fuzz, and sound giant live, now leave

Obviously I didnt come here to just say that since I said I was just at O'Brother's concert the other night.
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
I am so jealous. And I just got back from an Into It. Over It. concert. So that's saying a lot.
TheReverend724
another hit, barry bonds
2,947 IQ
Holy shit they blew me away. Again

Plus I ended up meeting all of the members before the show on their way back from Subway and then after the show. Really great dudes, and they were flawless live
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
'Garden Window' is so much more ballsy than the EP. Definitely one of my favourites from last year.
goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
411 IQ
Just listened to this band for the first time today, loved it. It's dark, but they don't go overboard and it's still really pretty

seeing them twice though in the next couple months, excited to see what their live show is like
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Goddamn, Ascension is even better than I remember. Such a fuckin good song. It practically brings tears to my eyes. I might be using it for a presentation for my writing class soon.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
Can we talk about how amazing the lineup is for this tour? Touche Amore posted it and I read it like this

Balance & Composure - Again? They're always good though
O'Brother - I need to see this band holy crap, Poison! live will complete me
Touche Amore - YES. I WANT TO GO.
Circa Survive- HOLY CRAP MY LIFE HAS BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT AND NOTHING WILL MATTER AFTERWARDS
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by rockfan7
Can we talk about how amazing the lineup is for this tour? Touche Amore posted it and I read it like this

Balance & Composure - Again? They're always good though
O'Brother - I need to see this band holy crap, Poison! live will complete me
Touche Amore - YES. I WANT TO GO.
Circa Survive- HOLY CRAP MY LIFE HAS BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT AND NOTHING WILL MATTER AFTERWARDS
What's the dates?

Nevermind.

I'm so there.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

rockfan7
1,525 IQ
I start college by New York in September, hopefully I can figure out how to get down there in time.
Lopez72
UG's Dirty Mexican
268 IQ
I do not like this band. Saw them once with Moving Mountains, La Dispute, and Thrice. They were EASILY the weakest band at the show. Saw them again with Thrice and some other metal-ish band, and again didnt think they were that good.

Maybe its something im missing or not picking up on? Idk, I want to like them, I really do, but cant get into them at all.

Anyone wanna recommend some songs by them that could help get me into them?
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
I really like Poison! and Cleanse Me, a lot of people really dig Ascension.

But if you don't like them live you prolly won't like them because I'm seeing that's where they really shine. Even though Garden Window is just recorded beautifully recorded and it's very powerful sounding and I love it.
LastBaron
Makin' it juicy since '09
196 IQ
This band has quickly become one of my favorites since seeing them live with Thrice. Garden Window is one of the most amazing pieces of art I've ever heard. I'm surprised to hear the dislike of the vocals, I think they're great, the lyrics especially, so powerful. Can't wait for Basement Window, this October I believe!