when your playing in a venue that is kinda cold do you guys do anything to keep your hands warm or to get them warm besides general guitar warm up exercises (which don't always seem to work)? any secrets?
pockets. or those heating packs you put inside gloves.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Keep them in your pockets generally or hang out in a warmer part (as in if the venue is cooled off and its warm out, chill outside for a bit.)

Honestly the band im in as of right now consists of me and 2 other very anxious friends, henceforth we're always freezing at shows. We make sure to start out with something fast and energetic to get blood flowing!
Wear gloves from the minute you leave your house to right before you walk out onstage. Not thin latex gloves, gloves to protect from the cold. Only take them off to stretch and warm up.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I street perform and occasionally have to deal with cold (though I don't perform during the winter, spring and fall can get chilly in Boston). My one suggestion is fingerless gloves - I have pair I cut myself from a nice pair of Nike athletic gloves, with the fret hand having less coverage (for more freedom of movement). I also try to simplify chords so that the stiffness in my hands doesn't impede my playing too much.

Good luck!
I rub my hands against my jeans untill they warm up.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Warm them in the vagina of some fat herpesinfested slutty punk groupie.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Eat cherries, they improve blood circulation in the hands.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Swing your arms in a circle, like a windmill blade. It sends blood rushing into your hands instantly, Survival people are tought this
It's common sense man, hands in pockets, warm ups, inside your jacket, rock out hard.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
I usually jerk off men.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I've never played a show, but I often have to soak my hands in hot water before I play. It's good practice to wash your hands before you play your guitar anyways- oils are very corrosive.

Just find a sink, plug it, fill it with hot water, and let your hands soak for a minute or two. Good to go and no sweat.

Heat packs don't work for everyone- sure, they'll heat your hands up but it might cause your hands to sweat profusely which can be a real problem and actually counterproductive, since sweat cools as it evaporates.
Run your hands under cold water. It get the blood running properly and feels great.