I just bought a Fender Frontman 212R and am experiencing feedback when using a distortion pedal with amp volume set onlt to 3!!! Is this common problem with the FM 212R and if so how can it be resolved?

Thanks.
Feedback is often a result of:

1) Gain. Too much gain = Feedback + a squashed sound undesired by most. Do you use the Overdrive on the amp AND the pedal? Turn the gain/distortion knob down.
2) Guitar/Pickups. A lower quality guitar will often be more prone to feed back and make undesirable noises than a guitar of decent quality.
3) EQ. Feedback often resides in the high mid-to-high frequencies. Try turning the treble down.

EDIT:
What guitar, pedals and settings do you have and use?
Last edited by Lil'hl at Feb 26, 2012,
1) Just using pedal over clean channel
2) Using fairly low quality Epiphone SG so could be an issue
3) Thanks, I'll try tweaking treble

Heard reverb can also be a factor?

(generally use DS-1 pedal, the SG on middle pickup and like to use mid-high treble on the amp with high distortion setting on the DS-1)
Try standing in a different position, if you stand really close to the amp that could make a feedback problem worse.

What type sound do you want? (What do you listen to, what do you want so sound like?)

Epiphone SGs often aren't THAT bad. A no name guitar could be bad enough to make such a problem
Last edited by Lil'hl at Feb 26, 2012,
Closest sound I want is Foo Fighters Everlong - thick, crunchy but still warm sounding. Practice space quite tight so not much room to maneuver...
I'm not a big fan of the overdrive channels on the Frontman so feel I have to stick with pedal
Your probably just playing with a little too much gain and sitting too close/facing the amp. Yeah?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.