Hey guys,

im hunting for a new guitar, and the prs se custom 24 ticks all of my boxes, except for the bridge. it has a vintage style, non-locking trem arrangement, and im after a fixed bridge. as far as fixing/substituting the bridge goes, what are my options? i figure since there's been a cavity routed for the trem that a straight swap to something fixed is probably out of the question.

im not sure if it would be possible, but the schaller hannes bridge looks excellent, but ive had no experience with it personally.

any suggestions for ways to un-trem the existing bridge or swap to something else would be excellent

also, id be upgrading the machine heads too, so advice as far as those go would also be nice
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
i have a prs se paul allender that has a bridge like that, i opened up the back and stuck a block of wood in there, it doesnt move now and it works like a fixed bridge lol
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Yeah. PRS trems are gret, just block it and i'll be a great PRS hardtail. :P

ive not done this before personally, so im not sure how successful it would be. does blocking the trem with wood etc affect tuning stability or anything of the sort? im guessing blocking the existing bridge would be much easier than replacing it?
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Quote by awesome-o
ive not done this before personally, so im not sure how successful it would be. does blocking the trem with wood etc affect tuning stability or anything of the sort? im guessing blocking the existing bridge would be much easier than replacing it?

basically when u put the block in there, the trem wont move. so its a hardtail and u can tune at will

did it to my cheap ltd
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Feb 29, 2012,