Page 1 of 2
Can you think of any examples of bizarre or unintentionally funny moments on albums?

On the album Get On The Good Foot by James Brown, about a quarter of the way through there is a track called "Recitation by Hank Ballard". Its about 7 minutes long and is made up of a strange jazz backing track and this man Hank Ballard rambling about James Brown ("A real, living legend"), the album, and then about himself. He actually goes so far as to say "Incidentally, I'm hank ballard, rapping to you on side two of this album, which includes such songs as "Liberation", "Make it Funky", "Papas got a brand new bag" etc ". Just when you think the song has finished, it swells back up and he describes how James Brown has brought him back from obscurity or something. What makes the track so bizarre is that it appears at such an innapropriate point, and is meant entirely seriously, but the music sounds like it must be a parody - surely its redundant to advertise an album on the album?

"Here it is... The James Brown world of music, folks. The lord of funk, and his disciples.... oh wow. huh. incredible man, really incredible. I'm speaking about this new album on James Brown and polydor records. I just finished digging on it, you know. He comes from all sides on this one, like each track takes you from one bag to another, you know. Hes low down, he's funky, and hes sentimental."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Z_7ojirRc
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Last edited by Hereiwas at Feb 26, 2012,
Strawberry sauce.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Rumpelkombo on Alestorms album Back Through Time. Its a 7 second track where its just heavy instruments and the vocalist yelling RUMPELKOMBO. Bit random :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Dawn Patrol on Rust in Peace by Megadeth. Why the hell was that there?!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Dawn Patrol on Rust in Peace by Megadeth. Why the hell was that there?!

They (dave) decided that the rest of the album was too good

Also another Alestorm one is the german version of Wenches and Mead on Black Sails at Midnight. Crazy.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Last edited by Speckled_Hen at Feb 26, 2012,
Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me - Pearl Jam

This is the last song on Vitalogy, and after listening I think you can understand why I try to see the track before as the album closer. It features a multiple-guitar-feedback-drone over a drumtrack with samples from a documentary on an insane asylum on top.

"Spanking, it's the only thing I like so much!"

It's disconcerting as hell.

Edit: The story goes that Eddie Vedder decided to actually include it at the last minute without telling the rest of the band. Not sure if that's fable or there's some truth to it, but it would certainly explain a lot.
Last edited by frankv at Feb 26, 2012,
My World... on the end of Use Your Illusion II by Guns N Roses. It shouldn't have been there...
Guitars:

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster

Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amplifier:

Marshall AVT 100

Effects:

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

EHX Big Muff Pi
Quote by leony03
Rumpelkombo on Alestorms album Back Through Time. Its a 7 second track where its just heavy instruments and the vocalist yelling RUMPELKOMBO. Bit random :P

On top of that, the track itself is 7 seconds, but the music only lasts for 3. You just get 4 seconds of waiting for the next song to play.
Quote by caeser1156
Your dick could still have a chick even if that chick had a dick
the jazz breakdown in the dance of eternity on dream theatres scenes from a memory album
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
In the song 'Rocket Queen' by GN'R there is a point where you hear a woman having an orgasm. They actually set the mics on record and Axl ****ed some girl for a while.
Church on Sunday by Green Day....Production error or intentional? But it skips near the end on one of the choruses. It's on every version I've heard...Even spotify.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by mental_zer0
I always forget Iron Gland is on Dirt. Throws me off every time it plays.

Totally agreed.
Quote by goth clash
Church on Sunday by Green Day....Production error or intentional? But it skips near the end on one of the choruses. It's on every version I've heard...Even spotify.

It's not a skip, it's some fucking weird triplet thing, or a single bar of 5/4 or something. For no reason. You're right though, it's just downright odd and stops the song dead.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
"we've done four already but now we're steady and then they went one.. two.. three.. four"

Houses of the Holy
Quote by StiffULip123
My World... on the end of Use Your Illusion II by Guns N Roses. It shouldn't have been there...
Came here to post this.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Several Small Species of Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict.

Was bizarre, even for Floyd.

But then again, so is Bike. ("you can ride it if you like its got a basket and bells and rings and dings to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could but I borrowed it....")
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Bike was my favorite syd-era song for years! Wouldn't say it was any more bizarre than every other song on the debut though... all of it's weird as hell.
Quote by Hephistopheles
On top of that, the track itself is 7 seconds, but the music only lasts for 3. You just get 4 seconds of waiting for the next song to play.

Yeah forgot to write that :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Piñata
Bike was my favorite syd-era song for years! Wouldn't say it was any more bizarre than every other song on the debut though... all of it's weird as hell.

Me too! Julia Dream is still one of my all time favorites. Used to love to bug on Floyd.

I guess that scaled armadillo and the following footsteps finally found him where he was hiding, after all. Poor Syd.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by goth clash

It's intentional.
Last edited by due 07 at Feb 26, 2012,
Quote by Morphogenesis26
When the cat meows in Wretch by Protest The Hero on Fortress.

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
That part in "Nightshop" by Fugazi where they do that metal-y shred/breakdown thing & then abruptly switch to some acoustic strumming. It cracks me up every time.
"I guess we won't be seeing him again until doomsday.
get it?
DOOMSday?"

"yeah, we get it"

I laugh every time.
Quote by Ghostmaker
The Berzerker - The Deception
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xaxfkwGUA
Bass at 1:28. It seems like it's there by mistake, like they forgot to put in the drum and guitar tracks.
I listened to a few of their songs, and what I heard was the most bizzare sound files I've ever came across.
Quote by mystical_1
Several Small Species of Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict.
Was bizarre, even for Floyd.
Well, the whole album is a bit unfriendly to an unused ear, but I grew to like it at last.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Last edited by Guodlca at Feb 26, 2012,
EXP Jimi Hendrix Axis Of Love
Beatles- Abbey Road - her Majesty
White Album-Revolution 9
Sgnt Peppers-End of A Day In The Life
All i can think of now
Page 1 of 2