Hey guys,

Need some help here again.
I'm planning to customize my guitar further by inlaying my guitar fretboard. My Fender Jaguar HH currently has the mother-of-pearl inlay. I haven't currently thought of the designs yet but am planning to use stickers for this. I won't use any special coloured, or crazy-shaped, inlays for this, and will be probably using the style similar to the one of Synyster Gates' fretboard inlays, but only using my own initials, WS. Will standard paper stickers work, or do I have to get myself special stickers for this job?

Thanks in advance,
parhelia_0000
http://www.inlaysticker.com/

check out that site for stickers, I'm not sure if you can get blank sheets, but there might be something that takes your fancy.

As for wether or not they are special stickers, I don't know, but they appear to be a special thin and residue-free type.
Quote by Telecaster7
http://www.inlaysticker.com/

check out that site for stickers, I'm not sure if you can get blank sheets, but there might be something that takes your fancy.

As for wether or not they are special stickers, I don't know, but they appear to be a special thin and residue-free type.

Thanks, but I'm trying to keep my budget to the minimum, and I have stock papers that I can use, but they are not polished, just standard. Are they useable?
Thanks for the site btw. Probs can use that for template designs.
Well it's up to you whether you want to use them or not. The only problem is that they might get very dirty very quickly and they might also come off, what with all the sweat they'll have to endure.
Quote by Telecaster7
Well it's up to you whether you want to use them or not. The only problem is that they might get very dirty very quickly and they might also come off, what with all the sweat they'll have to endure.

Good call. Thanks very much!
The other concern I would have is, I use lemon oil on my fretboards during string changes. How would that effect their ability to adhere and how would you clean the fretboard after you've applied the stickers?
Quote by KG6_Steven
The other concern I would have is, I use lemon oil on my fretboards during string changes. How would that effect their ability to adhere and how would you clean the fretboard after you've applied the stickers?

Good question. Some materials used for inlay stickers (eg. PET's) are able to withstand lemon oil and other extremities, so I guess that's why you have to be careful when you are choosing the right material for the inlay stickers.
I guess my concern isn't so much over the material, but the adhesives used. PET is a type of plastic and should hold up well to lemon oil, but the adhesives will not hold up well.