have any of you ever practiced something enough to start disliking the sound of it?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
yeah! i learnt panic attack-dream theater and i hate it! i practised for a long time and the song officially sucks...
Well, certainly not intentionally, but sure, everything you play for hours and hours starts sounding mediocre. If you listen to a song which at first you though was the greatest thing ever recorded in the musical history of forever for a while without listening to anything else sooner or later it will lose it's charm, same goes for practicing. So yeah, pretty normal stuff.
Pretty much all the songs I've written myself.
At first they are fun - after having played the solo several hundred times it seems very work-a-day
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
have any of you ever practiced something enough to start disliking the sound of it?

only if I force it.

Play stuff you like. if you stop liking it, play something else.

playing guitar is something you do for fun, don't treat it like homework or a job.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Feb 26, 2012,
Everlong. Did it with my band and i haven't been able to listen to any Foo Fighters since.
I kill all my own songs that way. I write them, is all 'yeeahh this is awesome', play them 26974 times and grow tired of them. I forget about them, only to find them a couple of months later to repeat the whole thing.
You like it